Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

2011 Explorer Limited - Pre-buy Questions!

Hello everyone! I currently own a 2000 Explorer Sport, and she has ticked near the 210k mark, Still runs and drives fine, Just wanting to get something newer. I managed to find a 2011 Explorer Limited 4x4 with 107,000 miles for $17,995. I am super interested in it, its a great looking...
  2. A

Question about Front End Damage

So I recently replaced my Tie Rods, Ball Joints, Wheel Bearings and shocks on my 2000 ford explorer sport, Which means it now needed an alignment, So I took it to the alignment shop today (Local Dodge/Chrysler Dealership) and they charged me about $300 (Alignment, Labor, Camber Bolts)...
  3. A

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

They are cheap LED Lights, Need to be replaced, I have a couple I use for my overhead lamps for when the door is ajar, Worked for about 6-7 months and one of the LEDs is now flickering, simply popped it out and put a new one in! I would suggest if your going to replace one, replace all 6 and...
  4. A

WTB: Side Air Bag Resistors and More

If anyone has a couple of these I am in need of 2 of them (Both Driver/Passenger), For the longest time I have ignored my Airbag light only to finally realize it was bleeping a code in my face, Long story short check under the seats, Driver seat is completely missing the resistor and only has...
  5. A

2000 Explorer Sport 2wd Front Bearing issues

Problem resolved, Turns out when I initially torqued down the left wheel bearing nut the bearings didn't seat properly. Pulled the nut off and threw in a bit more grease (just in case) and snugged the nut down until I felt the wheel actually move inward, Backed it off and torqued to specs, The...
  6. A

My bad, Meant 20 Inch lbs on the final torque not 20lbs :eek:
  7. A

Hello! I have a 2000 Explorer Sport 2wd, 4.0 OHV. I recently had my drivers front wheel bearing go out at 30mph, It literally welded the washer and outer bearing to the spindle and after 12 hours of beating with a hammer and chisel, and using a hacksaw I was able to get it off and replace...
  8. A

Front end problem.

Hello! First off let me say my Explorer has been a godsend, I got it with 150k miles on it and it now has 177k and counting, It has been an excellent vehicle with no engine/transmission problems AT ALL. I have yet to replace anything (Except standard oil changes/Transmission fluid changes)...
Back