Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Any 2011+ ham radio guys??

What is a police cargo platform?
  2. A

CB Radio Mount Question

Because of size contraints in the vehicle, I purchased a Uniden Pro-520XL. Its very small and with the proper tuning, it sounds GREAT on the air. I have mine simply wedged between the driver seat and the center console. I have the mic mounted to the center stack via velcro. Works well.
  3. A

Have any of the mods you've done...made your SUV look more like a cop car?

LOL!! True! I actually searched and was surprised to see I have zero pics. I'll get some up when I get home from this road trip and de-bug my front end first :-) ..speaking of, this job with driving aprox. 200 miles per day is really getting annoying in terms of getting rid of dead bugs...
  4. A

Have any of the mods you've done...made your SUV look more like a cop car?

My Blue Limited has limo tint all around, and two roof mounted antennas. I'm still amazed by how well this combo moves traffic :-)
  5. A

Push Bar for Explorer

Sorry for potentially being ignorant here, but I just don't understand... Post #213 says "Not sure about the camera but it will likely interfere with the Adaptive Cruise Control if you have that. Most bars block ACC the radar unit. Peter" But I'm inquiring about where and how much of the...
  6. A

Push Bar for Explorer

Those that installed the Setina bar, how much cutting is required? Is the cut noticible after removal in a way that it would effect resale value? Any pics of the cut?
  7. A

Removing Headliner

That sounds very do-able. Thanks!!
  8. A

Removing Headliner

I'm bringing back this old thread in the hopes you've figured out how to remove the headliner. Any tips or advice?
  9. A

Do you have any pictures of this setup? Sounds perfect for what I'm looking to do.
  10. A

2013 Limited brake pad change

I bought that (or something that looks like that) from Advanced Auto, but it wasn't wide enough to fit into the piston's grooves on both sides.
  11. A

Well, the job is done. I tried with the needle nose pliers. That didn't work at all. However, the brake tool I borrowed from Autozone worked perfectly!
  12. A

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I just had the same idea! :-) Just came home with the borrowed tool kit from AutoZone. Actually I didn't know Advanced did loaners so I drove further to a Autozone, thanks for the heads up! On a related note for anyone tha reads this post in the future, I just saw...
  13. A

Yes, everything is wearing appropriately. I hate to go that route, but might have to. I usually do the lifetime brake pad deal at autozone. For a one time cost of $50 I get pads for life and swap them in myself. With ford, I have to pay about $50 in labor every time. I'm still holding out...
  14. A

I always do my own brake changes. Today I tried doing the brake change on my rear pads with no luck. From searching the forum I found the "funny looking" (at least to me - an ex-honda only guy) piston is to be turned rather than pressed to get it to retract. However, i had no luck finding the...
  15. A

Fuel Door Assembly Removal / Broken Spring

Unfortunately not under factory warranty. I have an extended warranty with a $50 deductible, so I was hoping to diy to save the money. Thanks anyhow.
  16. A

Apps gone

Will do. Thanks
  17. A

Apps gone

I recently had a new MFT cpu installed to correct an issue. Since then, I noticed the "911 Assist logo" did not re-appear. I dug deeper to find neither 911 Assist nor Vehicle Health Report is showing up in the Apps section. Before I take it back to the dealer, I was hoping someone had a...
  18. A

Fuel Door Assembly Removal / Broken Spring

My 2013 fuel door didn't open as expected. I had to pry the door open. When I opened it, the rubber "spring" mechanism fell out. I can see the plastic "spring" underneath somehow severed from the main housing behind the door. Has anyone replaced one of these? I am not yet sure if I could...
  19. A

13 Exp Lawsuit

I thought this might be of interest to some here - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-coral-springs-ford-lawsuit-20140617,0,7941136.story Lawsuit: Coral Springs woman, daughter got sick when Ford didn't fix defect By Jessica Meszaros, Sun Sentinel 3:21 p.m...
  20. A

That looks VERY good!!! Did you also use ProClip to mount the control head?
  21. A

The dual bander is an icom 208h mounted on top of a mcs2000
  22. A

Both radios and ext speakers are mounted under passenger seat
  23. A

Here are some pics of the install -
Back