Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Why Not? Instead of weights or added silicon or anything, why not just seal the vents? I haven't had a chance to see if the vents are accessible without removing the rear bumper, but if they are, I plan on just sealing the "equalization" vents. I'm sure the car is not air tight so air would...
  2. A

Shift to Park Warning

Thanks Jason. No wonder I couldn't find it, I searched by the message on my display and it doesn't say "Shift to Park".
  3. A

Shift to Park Warning

Transmission not in park Have a 2014 Sport and have had an issue where I put the vehicle in park, yet it states Transmission not in park when I shut off the engine. Nothing shows on the indicator as to what the current transmission state is(Nothing is red/orange under P R N D M). The vehicle...
  4. A

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

FordServiceCA, Can you help with the exhaust smell or only the burning smell?
  5. A

Tail light kill switch

131 sounds right for the 3.7L utility. Doesn't sound right for the ecoboost. Those extra 60 horses should get you at least an extra 10mph. The taurus topped out at 149 in their tests, no way wind resistance makes the ecoboost utility hit a 131 wall. I think someone messed up the data.
  6. A

Tail light kill switch

I know about the speed limiter bypass, I was just going off the interceptor brochure. So there is a Ford sold ecoboost utility interceptor? The brochure only showed the 3.7L for 2014. Impalas are fast? Aren't Chargers speed limited? I had an SRT before, no limiter; took it up to 163mph. I...
  7. A

Tail light kill switch

I always thought the sport and the pursuit were the same, but they're not. The pursuit has 305hp 3.7L, while the Sport is 365hp 3.5L. Weird that they didn't just use the ecoboost engine since the taurus uses it. The explorer pursuit is limited to 120mph while the sport is 122mph. Bet it would...
  8. A

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

I agree with Peter. The brightest HID is 4300K. But between 8k and 6k, 6 is brighter. Motoarzan, I was reading a few things on the candlepower forum and on daniel stern. I hate to say it, but fog lights aren't meant to spread light around. There is a difference between fog lights and driving...
  9. A

How'd it go with those 8k's? By HID retrofit for your fogs, you mean putting projectors in right? I'd be curious to see that, the foglight looks too small for a retrofit to me. I've been pondering upgrading the projectors in my sport (saw it on the F150 forum), but am afraid if messing up...
  10. A

steering dampening?

I would assume (based on other shared components) that the interceptor and sport have the same suspension components. I have a '14 sport and find the excessive squat an engineering oversight. A "sport" with not so much of a sporty suspension. Based on a quick search, it seems all explorer...
  11. A

steering dampening?

I will look into it further, but at a standstill going to about 30% throttle, the headlight cutoff line rises about 5 inches. Feathering the throttle while moving (about 5-10mph) makes the line rise about an inch or 2. That was why I felt the suspension might be too soft (on top of the torque...
  12. A

steering dampening?

FWD is exactly what it feels like, but I've noticed that with any sort of acceleration, the front end lifts considerably (noticing the headlight line while driving behind other vehicles in traffic). I thought that if I stiffened the rear, perhaps the front end steering would feel more solid...
  13. A

steering dampening?

I think the steering on my 14 Sport is fine except under WOT. The steering feels very, very, loose. I am going to look into stiffening the suspension. Too soft IMO. Anyone attempt this? Tried searching through the forum, didn't see anything.
  14. A

FYI, One website: 8000K This Kelvin color was included for display purposes only. Note the excessive glare & high amount of blue coloring. This bulb (and anything above it) are NOT recommended for any application. Another website: A variety of places sell the 8000k & 10,000k bulbs (and...
  15. A

Installing HID? Read this first.

Sgt1411, I posted this on another thread, but if I were you, I would pull the trigger on HIDs. I tried the "HID" halogens before (a long time ago), I think Sylvania's, they lasted me about 6 months before one burnt out. Get a kit from Retrofit. Lifetime warranty on everything, if a bulb burns...
  16. A

Replacing OEM headlights with HID lights?

Nope, meant projector. Didn't read that you had a 2011. There shouldn't be very much refraction on your headlights.
  17. A

Peter, I looked at this thread again and didn't see anyone asking about an oem hid kit. I understand that his post had the ford response in it. He seemed to be asking for himself, not for another member. Only the sarge knows what his post meant. I was just providing info for anyone with...
  18. A

If you must ask the engineers, certainly there is a concern. He might have been worried about the electrical system when he asked, but possibly after their response. If this is true, then I take back my comment about the dual beam and having no highbeams. I haven't removed my bulbs to take a...
  19. A

Replacing OEM headlights with HID lights?

You see blue because of the projector bulb. Think of a prisim. You will see the blue due to light refraction due to the curvature of the projector glass.
  20. A

The key is to get the right bulbs. Retrofit has nice kits that I've used on my cars and motorcycle. You need the correct hardware to produce the cutoff, otherwise you are projecting the wrong beam pattern. Especially if the bulb isn't lighting EXACTLY where the old filament was. I think the...
  21. A

Member Interested in Mods / Ideas

I have done a little bit of searching. You can find a few different air intake systems. K&N, Airaid, etc... I live in CA and need something that is CARB. The only system I have found that would work with minor modification (removing the ram intake duct lip, from the look of things) is an air...
Back