Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Replacing left side tires

After bringing those 2 wheels to the shop, I did not need new tires after all. They were not slashed, just all the air let out of them even though I saw what looked like a actual knife cut on the tires. Because I had to roll my truck around a little with those tires completely flat, barely...
  2. N

Yes they are the same tires and size.
  3. N

Both my left side tires are flat due to an unfortunate event of some random junkie slashing the tires in a parking lot. So I have my 2 new tires and I'm ready to put my truck on jacks and take the 2 wheels to the shop. I do it this way because I have aftermarket wheels and lug nuts so I prefer...
  4. N

Transmission fluid change

My '01 with 104k miles has never had the automatic trans. fluid changed, and I plan on doing it or having a shop do it very soon, but I want to know how it should be done without doing the external filter mod (unless that is totally worth the extra work). From what I've read so far there are 2...
  5. N

Where to get key fob remote?

Need to get a new key fob to lock/unlock my Sport Trac as the original one got damaged. It still works, just the plastic got damaged. Dont have any kind of upgraded alarm in my truck. Where is the best place to get a new one? online? Will I have to take my truck to a dealership or somewhere else...
  6. N

Mounting auxiliary lights

I would prefer to have my lights on the front of this truck, and I already have the wires run down inside the front bumper. I wouldnt be able to use a high-mounted light bar on the roads at all. I might mount the 3" pod LED's in the fog light holes, or try to find a metal bracket to help with...
  7. N

Mounting auxiliary lights

Currently have a Westin standard bull bar on my '01 Sport Trac that I use for mounting 7" LED aux. lights, but after bending the bar out of shape a couple times while off-roading, I think I want to try a different setup/way to mount aux. lights. I think I saw someone on here a while ago that had...
  8. N

Alternative to K&N filter?

Thank you! I'll order that AFE. I'll clean the MAF sensor at the same time, but is there anything else in the intake I should check/clean that my abused K&N filter might have affected? I found the AFE on ebay for about $20 cheaper than anywhere else...
  9. N

Alternative to K&N filter?

I cleaned and re-oiled the K&N air filter in my '01 Sport Trac a few days ago, and before putting it back in I realized I might have accidentally caused some damage to the fabric material because I used some pretty high-pressure water to clean the filter. I didn't see any obvious damage, but...
  10. N

Random loose part?

Finally got the pic to upload. I've just never noticed that piece before, but thank you guys for letting me know what it is
  11. N

Random loose part?

Noticed this the other day, a loose white ring on the (AC?) pipe near the wiper fluid that looks like it's supposed to snap into something. There is nothing for it to snap into or attach to. Does anyone know what this is?
  12. N

Best deal on 31" all terrains?

Currently looking for a new set of 31x10.5R15 LT all terrain tires, from any well-known brand. I think the best deal I've found online is $550 for the General grabber AT2's shipped. Does anyone know where/how to get a better deal than that? Im in San Diego, CA if that helps.
  13. N

Questions about oil changes

Did an oil change on my '01 ST the other day, and since it's about to hit 100k miles, I was wondering if it would be better to start using synthetic oil the next oil change. I've been using Castrol GTX oil and Royal Purple oil filters on this truck since owning it, and I know that GTX is...
  14. N

Backup camera wiring

Yea the black/pink wire is connected to the head unit's purple reverse wire. I had to add in a couple inches of wire to reconnect the 2 ends of the black/pink wire that I cut so I could get butt connectors on, and I have a 2nd wire coming out of one of those butt connectors that goes into the...
  15. N

Backup camera wiring

The wiring was different on my '01 than what's showed in that F150 video. Is there only one black wire with pink stripe in that bundle? I just did the same and that black/pink wire was on the outside of the wire bundle, facing pedals, so I spliced into it. I didn't search through those wires...
  16. N

Backup camera wiring

Which wire under the kick panel is the one for reverse that I connect the head unit's "reverse" to? Wondering if I can locate it by finding out the color of it and/or the other wires that it's with...
  17. N

Backup camera wiring

https://www.amazon.com/Esky-Viewing-Universal-Waterproof-Sensitive/dp/B00GMC8QXI/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490405909&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=esky+lisence+plate+frame+camersa That's the camera I have. The only wires coming out are the yellow RCA video wire, and the wire that splits into the red...
  18. N

Backup camera wiring

Doing some reading, and maybe I missed this part....Do I have to give the Kenwood head unit a signal for reverse, by tapping into the black/pink wire behind kick panel? Where would that connect to on the head unit? I thought the camera being powered on by a reverse light wire just sends a signal...
  19. N

Backup camera wiring

Tried to install the camera yesterday. There are 2 wires coming out of the trailer wire harness, before they go into the plug (4 flat), and I'm not sure if they are something the original owner of this Trac did as a modification. The wires are just hanging out of the harness with these long caps...
  20. N

What will I need for replacing spark plugs?

For my 2001...I have the recommended Autolite plugs and Motorcraft wires, I know about taking the front wheel off to access the passenger side plug, I just want to know what 9/16" socket(s) I should get to make this job as easy as possible...don't care if I have to spend $50 for 3 sockets...
  21. N

Replace spark Plugs/ Tune Up

Will this socket work just as good? http://www.toolpan.com/OTC-Tools-6900--Ford-F-150-Spark-Plug-Socket_p_1199.html?gdffi=d5de8d975e554fe98677ff5f83efd439&gdfms=5D032D8D9B1B491FBCD31B589F97737C&gclid=Cj0KEQiAk5zEBRD9lfno2dek0tsBEiQAWVKyuMxkNcE3vSD0tKg8ThPNtin2dgpkoAeJz--yT3wFSWgaAman8P8HAQ If...
  22. N

Backup camera wiring

Have a license plate frame backup camera I want to put on my '01, and I'm wondering if there is a reverse wire in the trailer-hookup wiring harness I can use to splice into and power the camera? Or do I have to use one of the reverse light wires in the tail light assembly? My sport trac has the...
  23. N

Help with double-din dash kit

This is all on the same explorer. Looks like that Metra 3 peice kit is all I need
  24. N

Help with double-din dash kit

Installed a Kenwood ddx372bt double-din touch screen a while ago, and I still can't find, or make, an install kit/surround plate to fit around the head unit and hold it in place. On a 2001 Sport Trac, which I had to use a dremel to cut material out of the radio bezel to get a double-din to slide...
Back