Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Add-a-Leaf

how come it would be only 1.5 inches total. I was told the add a leaf would add 2 inches alone. Is that wrong? Tyler
  2. B

Add-a-Leaf

I recently installed an add a leaf and did a 1 inch torsion twist. It looks to me like the add a leaf did nothing. If anything i'd say the front is higher. Is this because of the sagging of the leafpack? Tyler
  3. B

Add-a-Leaf Install: Step By Step "How-to"

why would you remove the leaf pack from the shackle, its just extra work for nothing.
  4. B

Suspension Questions

i looked at the X Suspension at explorer express. why is that when i took all the parts and added their parts up seperatley i came up with a number that is less than what it costs as a package? shouldnt their be some sort of discount for buying it all? Tyler
  5. B

Suspension Questions

I want to improve the ride quality and handling on my 99 mountaineer. as of right now i plan on getting some new shocks and bushings. is this what i should do? If yes, what type of schocks should i get? I am thinking about lowering it 2 inches in a few months. if i do that will i need a...
  6. B

Tire Help

i was wondering what size tire i should get. i have a 99 mountaineer and it is at stock height. there are 235/70/15 on it right now and they are way too small. i want something that will fill up the wheel well and not rub at all. i'm looking at the pirelli scorpion zero's in a 255/70/15...
  7. B

Exhaust

I had a friend with a honda that made his own exhaust pipes and ran them straight out of his car with no cat converter or muffler. he claimed that he got a lot of extra horspower and torque. Would this work for my MOuntaineer? If so what size tubing would i need to use?
  8. B

MORE POWER

I'm trying to get more power outa my 99 Mercury Mountaineer. What is the least expensive way to do that? Ive been looking at a new cam and rockers. Are there any ways i can tweak my car and get more power for free? Any ideas appreciated. Tyler
  9. B

Limited Slip???

I read on the internet yesterday that my 1999 mercury mountaineer v8 , comes stock with limited slip in the rear axle. But when i get stuck in snow only one tire is spinning in the rear. is my ls broken or what? Tyler
Back