Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Turn Signals Will Not Work

Have a 99 Explorer Sport. Left and Right turn signals do not work. Hazards are working OK. I have changed out the multifunction switch which does not fix the issue. Does this truck have a relay for the turn signals? If so where is it located.
  2. A

liftgate / hatch support failure

Would you be able to use something like this to fix the issue? I just had my right ball joint fail on me over the weekend...
  3. A

99 Explorer start-up noise

Can this be the power steering pump. The last thing I did was change out the fluid in the power steering pump. I added some of the Lucas Power steering fluid in as a proactive approach. I changed out the fluid last night and replaced with Synthetic ATF. I haven't heard the noise since (3...
  4. A

99 Explorer start-up noise

Truck is making a weird noise during cold start-ups. The noise is audible when the temperatures get below 32F or so. The colder the temperature the longer the noise lasts. I have uploaded a video which I took this morning. The temperature outside when video was shot was 10F.
  5. A

Halogen Fogs to match HIDS?

I currently have HIDS on my 99 explorer sport. I also had HIDS in the fogs as well but took them out as they gave off too much of a glare. I am looking to stay with Halogens in the fogs but want to get a set that matches in color to my HIDS. I currently have 6000K HIDS installed. I was wondering...
  6. A

Differential fluid change.

I was looking at the manual and it states that the front should get 80w90 and the rear either 80w90 or 85w140 + friction modifiers. I noticed some threads where it looks like some forum members just went ahead and used 85w140 in both front and rear. I was thinking of doing this as it would be...
  7. A

Thanks all - I have a suction gun and will probably be going that route. One last question I had was what type of gear oil should be used in the diffs?
  8. A

All - I was searching the site looking for a how-too in regards to changing out the fluid in the front and rear diffs. Does anyone know if this information is posted up on forum? Is the fluid change hard to do? I have a 99 explorer sport 4wd. Thanks.
  9. A

Sylvania Silverstars and others.

I have the same issue with X. I have 6000k in both the headlamps and fogs. The fogs produce such a glare that I sometimes get people hi-beaming me. I am going to change the fogs back to silverstars over the weekend. My only concern is the color between the hids and halogens.
  10. A

Intake manifold gaskets

Joe - I remember it being a sticky as well. I'm not sure why it is gone. Thanks for trying.
  11. A

Intake manifold gaskets

I was wondering if anyone could send me the link or instructions on how to replace the manifold gaskets for tsb-00m12. I have been searching the forum for about an hour and I am unable to find it. Thanks
  12. A

Mounting HID ballast on 99 explorer

radio interference I have noticed that after I installed the vvme kit that I get interference on radio when headlights are on. Has anyone else seen this?
  13. A

Problem with HID fog and automatic lights

I just installed HIDS in both the headlight and fogs locations. I used the h1 setup for the fogs with the shaved bracket and silicone listed on the forum. I notice when starting the truck at night that one of the fogs (passenger) lights and then shuts off. If I turn of the fogs and turn it back...
  14. A

I did the same. I used the hardware that came with the VME kit. I drilled an extra hole in the mount and used two rivets to hold the bracket in place.
  15. A

I have seen a couple of threads where the HID ballast were placed in engine bay next to intake, battery, and behind front shroud. I was just wondering how you guys installed them? Did you mount them with 3m double-sided tape or mounting hardware which came with the HIDS? Lastly is there anything...
  16. A

Noise from front end

I rotate as need and go by tire manufacturers direction when rotating. I usually go with a AT type tire. Usually I run a Bridgestone Dueller AT/Revo. Currently I have on Pirelli Scorpion AT's.
  17. A

Noise from front end

I am getting this whirling type helicopter noise which is coming from my front end. It sounds like a bearing which needs to be replaced but everywhere i have taken it too they tell me it not the bearings. Ford dealer even told me they thought it was the tires which were wearing unevenly from...
  18. A

ABS light lit

My ABS light is on in my 99 explorer. Buddy stated it could be sensors so we plugged the truck up to a computer but no error codes have been recorded. Has anyone seen anything like this. Thanks in advance.
  19. A

Tranny rebuilt, shifts hard

Thanks Ron, and dont worry I have them and will be holding on to them. I also have a superchip program that is burned into my ecu. I have been doing some snooping around and there website states that they are not made to be used for upgraded trannys. I think I might go back to stock for a week...
  20. A

Glacier991 thanks for the reply. I noticed the truck was slipping very bad and I took it in to have it looked at by Ford. They had told me that the tranny needed to be replaced. I began reading posts and noticed that the explorers week spot happens to be there tranny's so I decided to go to a...
  21. A

I have a 99 sport and I just had the tranny rebuilt. I just got the truck back today and noticed that it sort of shifts hard within the lower gears. Is this something that a rebuilt tranny should be doing? Does it correct itself? Is there a problem? Any ideal what could be the problem? I know...
Back