Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Snow mode rear end "sway"

Hi there, I have been watching these post as I posted last couple of years about my Explorer problems, making a long story short as the bad sway only happens in the winter I pretty sure Ive fixed the problem, A little unrelated I kept having some brake issues, pulsations out of the back...
  2. J

I posted my alignment specs in an earlier post
  3. J

I hope this helps. I’ve done a couple of posts about the same thing Finally found a service manager that seen this before on a Focus. Did the alignment with the right rear toed in a little. I’m thinking that the new recall might fix it. When I find my specs for the alignment I’ll post it...
  4. J

Hello people, Updating on repairs on my explorer, The problem I had which I put on earlier threads was when the right wheels would hit ice or snow and the left wheels where on dry payment the vehicle would want to shoot to the left, lots of body sway and had to over correct it, I live up in...
  5. J

Thanks for the update. Got a hold of the dealer today. Since I’m not driving as much right now I going to drop it off when the road conditions are right to make it happen and leave it with them for as long as it takes. I hope if they take for enough rides it will show up. I agree with your...
  6. J

tried that. no change, does it in all modes
  7. J

has anybody out there ever figured out what is causing this problem, very scared driving when roads are not totally bare, workers great when roads are fully covered with snow and ice, new a good snow tires on the vehicle, going to try when road conditions are bad to get another mechanic to take...
  8. J

Hi Got a 13 explorer and had a huge sway when right front wheel hit some ice in normal mode as I don’t use snow mode much Thought I was going to lose it and possibly roll. I live in Canada and never had this problem before. But I did just get new shafts put in the front as cv was clicking Very...
  9. J

Did NOT get Factory Tow Package, Now What?

OK , how to put this, I'm going blind, lol, I put my glasses on and finally saw the Tow/haul light, (very small ) I'm very happy now & going to Tow my new travel trailer next weekend, I did find that using manual tranny worked well but had to keep tunes turned down to hear revs, yes I could look...
  10. J

Thanks Peter, no I haven't, but will try to see if I notice anything different when I engage the Tow,
  11. J

So I have the tow package with a Tow button, big hitch, what I'm trying to figure out when I push the trailer button Anti- sway comes up on the panel, I don't know if the trailer haul is active or do I have it ??? Thanks for helping
  12. J

Average age of 5th gen. owners

On my 2nd Explorer, 54 yrs old,
  13. J

Tow button :can: Thanks , just wandering that you said Tow button or Tow haul button, my explorer has the Tow button which is the anti sway, but looking to get the Tow Haul button, for tranny shift,would it fit in my 13 XLT , I ordered the part that you nicely put for us, but it only has the...
  14. J

Brake caliper seized

Calipers Sounds like the sliders on the calipers are seizing, If the out side pad is warn more it's usually a slider problem, this is an ongoing concern with most disc brakes, the sliders should be removed and a good lube like silicone lube (which won't hurt the rubber parts ) put on yearly if...
  15. J

B.C. Exploders?

New New member in the Williams lake area,with my 2nd Explorer, has anyone out west had a leak problem on 5th gen Explorers, love the threads
  16. J

Thanks Thanks Peter, I'll look into the water leakage after it stops snowing, I,m half way up B.C. , also will look at the threads on the Fog lights , thanks again;););)
  17. J

hey all new here .

My 1st reply Try putting some menthol hydrate in the fuel tank, possible water contaminate in fuel, cheap try first, good luck
  18. J

Thought I put something down as I got my new 2013 White Ford Explorer XLT 4 months ago as my last 2005 Explorer had a little accident and got wrote off,It took me a bit to enjoy the new one but starting to love it ,and been enjoying reading about other people commenting on there new ride, Put a...
Back