Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

How to: Ford Explorer Fuel Pump Electrical Procedure

I have several pictures of the whole but don't know how to get them on here? If you want send me your your e-mail I can send them to you . You have to take out the pass seat and the seat behind it . I bought the fuel pump new on E-Bay from trueblueautoparts , Good seller and the whole...
  2. J

I went through this almost exactly one year ago. I had no pump running on my 02 Explorer XLT . When I hit my tank with a rubber mallet , it would intermitted run. Then it stopped completely . I cut an excess hole in the floorboard just behind the passenger seat and replaced the whole fuel...
  3. J

Yep they have this working now. I was just checking to see if I could reply and all that ( JAVA) stuff is gone.
  4. J

I checked fuse 9 BJB it is good. Is the C 147 going to the PCM ? I also took out the pump relay 48 and put a jumper on 3 & 5 contact as I have read earlier , still nothing . I dont know what happend befor I replaced the fuel pump and I hit the tank with a rubber hammer and the pump came on ...
  5. J

Yes I bought the whole thing . and th pins are the same and all that looks good. The couple of seconds I ran the fuel pump . I went to the schreder valve at the engine and I have fuel! I found 2 ground straps from the chasse to the body and one was shot so I replace it and the other I was able...
  6. J

The new fuel pump I put in runs when I hook my charger to the 2 wires/ pins. They did away with the pin/blk combo and only have a red wire and a black wire so that is what I hooked up to and it runs. On the non-pump side I had my meter on ohms and I got 000.4 when I read the meter hooked to...
  7. J

The new fuel pump I put in runs when I hook my charger to the 2 wires they did away with the pin/blk combo and olnlhave a red wire and a black wire so that is what I hooked up to and it runs. On the non-pump side I had my meter on ohms and I got 000.4 when I read the meter hooke to the chassie
  8. J

Thank you for your reply. I will have to recheck these in the morning as it is to dark for me to see . Vision ant what it use to be! Thank you for your time .
  9. J

the new pump I have in the tank now is good. the new harness was already attched to the new pump when I bought it. I see some ground straps from the chasey to the body and they are not clean looking. whould this affect the ground to the pump or is the blk wire in the harness the only place the...
  10. J

Is there a way to hook a bettery right to the 2 wires that run from the inertia switch or can I just jump those 2 wires together and bypass the switch and see if if that works. I dont want to do any damage to the electricl system more then waht ever is going on now? I think I said that I hooked...
  11. J

I tried doing this but I still go nothing. I hooked a metet to the harness at the fuel pump across the blk and the bl/pink wire and got 12V when I read the ground to the body it read good this was with the pump not connected. but when I turn the key on witht the pump hooked back up I loose my...
  12. J

02 Explorer XLT cranks but wont start

My fuel pump is not working and maybe a wireing problem I have been looking at. Thank you
  13. J

Yes it is an 02 with a 4.0 Explorer XLT. I think this is the only ground the pump unit has is in the harness the Blk wire? I know on my old trucks they are grounded right to the frame . I will check tomorrow if the weather gets above -10 ! To cold here in the Ozarks to go out for long...
  14. J

I need to check out the ground , Just Black wire. The one that is a pink/blk combintion is where I read the 12V but I had my meter gounded on the body. What should I be reading on my meter on just the (Black ) wire if Im OHMS and grounding on the body? 0 ? I have spark and even put a new...
  15. J

Everything else electricel works well on the truck. I have had on ocasion for no reason the alarm go off/ or the door locks act up a bit? Yes it is looks like the connector in your pic , only mine runs right on top of the rail to the tank and the harness from the new pump unit pluges right in...
  16. J

I looked at my owners manuel and it reads that the #9 fuse in the engine box is a 20A** power point #2
  17. J

The fuel pump relay is working and I also switched it with another relay that I know was good. The inertia fuel shutoff looked good and the 12V was getting to it. When I checked the 12V to the harness that connects to the new fuel pume it was there at the pink/blk wire. How do I know which is...
  18. J

Fuel pump wiring issue.

I changed out the pump assembly and fuel filter and still no pump action? I have 12 V to the pump through the pink and blk wire but I have not checked for ground. I guess I replasced the pump for nothing. The one I took out was the original as it was dated and when I hooked it up directly to a...
  19. J

I changed out the pump assembly and fuel filter and still no pump action? I have 12 V to the pump through the pink and blk wire but I have not checked for ground. I guess I replasced the pump for nothing. The one I took out was the original as it was dated and when I hooked it up directly to a...
  20. J

:rangertan: I changed out the pump assembly and fuel filter and still no pump action? I have 12 V to the pump through the pink and blk wire but I have not checked for ground. I guess I replasced the pump for nothing. The one I took out was the original as it was dated and when I hooked it...
  21. J

Installed new pump and fuel filter today. Still no pump action? The pink and blk wire to the pump are getting 12V but I dont know if the ground is there? I'll have to see where I can go from here.
  22. J

.Wasn't successful with getting the fuel out. Bought the metal tool to disconnect the fuel line but still cant get the one side off. Was able to remove the 2 lines from the tank side with the clips but the tool is to big for the line to the engine. I made one and feel the clips in the line being...
  23. J

Fuel pump / Fuel tank - Tips and warnings

Thank you, I orderd the pump and filter together and am going to give it a try on my own. Time for some new tools :)
  24. J

Fuel pump / Fuel tank - Tips and warnings

Hello, I am new to this. I have an 02 Explorer XLT with a 4.0 engine . I purchased this truck last April with 182,000 miles on it for $5,000 , but it ran and looks like a new truck. About 2 months a the tranny went and I had a new Ford one installed for around $3,000 and about 4 weeks ago...
  25. J

Thank you, I will give it a try. I would rather try and drop the tank befor cutting a hole in the floor board. But couldnt find any way on line to do it. :thumbsup:
Back