Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

How to: The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread

Just posting a follow up after more than a year. The Brown Wire Mod on my 1997 is working fantastic! I very seldom use 4WD unless there is snow, so it's working great for me. Noticeable boost in gas mileage too. Thanks to all!
  2. D

How to replace 94 4.0L camshaft Position Sensor

Go to www.rockauto.com for the Camshaft Position Sensor, they are dirt cheap and include the sensor. There are 2 sizes listed, so you will have to know the millimeter length of the shaft. The parts vary by 10 millimeters. Best regards.
  3. D

BWM Success I finished the BWM this evening with no problems and it all worked well. Thanks to all who have shared. The mod coast less than six dollars and that included a 35 amp switch on closeout from Rock Auto and about 6 feet of 14 MTW Brown wire. (I wanted to keep the wiring the same color)
  4. D

Thank you for the clarification. Best Regards!
  5. D

I have a 1997 Explorer XLT 4 Door that has Control Trac issues, but drives fine with the transfer case unplugged. It is stuck in 4 Wheel High when the transfer case is plugged back in. Can I use the mod on a permanent basis for normal driving and just use the 4 Wheel Drive when needed? I've read...
Back