Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Datalogging stock vehicle

It's good to keep an eye on knock but I have 100% confidence in the safety of Torrie's tunes, can not say the same for other tunes I've ran.
  2. J

0 at wot throttle. If I remember correctly any positive knock values means it is pulling timing and any negative values is fine it just means the car doesn't necessarily have as much timing as it could use under those conditions. Goal is to be at or close to it 0 for max power.
  3. J

I never datalogged stock, however I can tell you with my Unleashed tunes I was reading 0 knock when datalogged. My ssi tunes were pulling around 4-4.5 degrees of timing.
  4. J

Did you pass on the Sport, but still want the performance?

I have a 14 sport and it is able to run 87 octane no problem, high test is not required.
  5. J

The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!!

Unleashed and ssi are two different tuners. I have a tune from each of them. The track around me opens up April 1st so I plan on testing them back to back. The unleashed tune has more hp while the ssi has more torque.. should be interesting .
  6. J

I ran a 13.7 with my 91 octane unleashed tune. I have not been to the track yet with my ssi tune.
  7. J

Ecoboost Engine Loss Of Power

You probaly inadvertently put the transmission into "M" mode instead of "D" doing so the transmisson won't shift into second gear as it is expecting you to do so via the paddle shifters, then you bounce off the rev limiter and lose power. When I first got my sport I did this a few times, not...
  8. J

I responded to his email and we are working on doing a data log to dial up a bit. My truck is at the dealer getting a new rear o2 sensor installed which was unrelated to the tune. Not like I could test it out too much with the 34" of snow we got Monday haha.
  9. J

I am not on the ssi forum feel free to post the numbers. When I get some time I will post up the actual sheets with afr, boost, and timing.
  10. J

See if you can get a dyno chart I'd love to see it lol :rolleyes:
  11. J

Dyno done yesterday, got the sheets today. Stock it put down 276 hp and 310 torque. With the SSI2 tune it put down 316 hp and 426 torque, the less aggressive SSI1 tune put down 316 hp and 412 torque. My unleashed 93 octane performance tune put down 330 hp and 393 torque. It is...
  12. J

P0138 code help

Issue resolved, chaffed wires on the rear 02 sensor.
  13. J

I just flashed my explorer with the ssi2 tune yesterday. Dyno scheduled for tomorrow at 3. I also have the unleashed tune which I have been happy with I just wanted to try something new.
  14. J

Livernois Tune

I have the 3 bar tune from Torrie and with the 3 bar sensor it did not work. I emailed him last week and was told that sct has not listed the scalar needed to get it to work with my vehicle... Did you notice any difference in performance with the 3 bar tune?
  15. J

SCT badge location thoughts?

I vote do not put it on at all. The sct badge itself is not very attractive looking, I feel it looks tacky with those flames.
  16. J

flashing third brake light

The only replaceable bulbs are the backup and turn signal. Everything else is multiple leds in a sealed housing, no way to swap them out.
  17. J

Beat a silly Q5, but is my Trans about to break??

I have the 93 octane unleashed tune and have the same issue as you. However I only get it on the 1-2 shift.
  18. J

Livernois Tune

I have a 3 bar sensor that is bran new that I will let go cheap. I have the unleashed tune and the sct x4 does not yet support the 3 bar sensor. PM me if you are interested.
  19. J

flashing third brake light

Our state police explorers have a red strobe in the turn signal housing that flashes two or three times quickly and then goes solid when the brakes are applied. I thought about doing something similiar myself.
  20. J

One Side HID Not Working

That's where I have my driver side grounded to as well and have no issues. The other thing to check is the polarity on the trigger plug going to the ballast and going to the vehicle harness. I had to flip the wires on mine to get it to work.
  21. J

One Side HID Not Working

Where did you ground the left side relay harness to? When you say left side do you mean the drivers or passenger side while sitting in the vehicle?
  22. J

New Tint, LED conversion

I have done a full led conversion on mine as well. The side cargo light can be found at autozone, or whatever your local auto parts store may be. Sylvania makes an led that fits in there perfectly.
  23. J

1/4 Mile Run Times

T/C off and brake boosting to 2k in normal mode... tried a few passes in sand mode and ran a tenth or two more. I know on the street sand mode feels faster but it has not been my expiererence at the track.
  24. J

1/4 Mile Run Times

Post updated please excuse the horrendous reaction time. There was a car lined up next to me and it broke at the line so I wasn't ready for the tree to go off.
  25. J

1/4 Mile Run Times

13.7 @ 98 mph with a 1.99 60' only mods are Torrie's 91 octane tune and kn drop in. I will post up the slip later.
Back