Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

2014 Ford Explorer charging system fault on cold start

I would echo Odrapnew's comment here. I've noticed the timing/serpentine belt throw a "check engine" fault as well. Whenever it does that, the remote start is flaky at best -- and usually doesn't work at all. I suspect that this is a safety mechanism (i.e., don't start the car remotely if...
  2. H

22" Wheels For Explorer

Looks fantastic...how did you address the black-out on the door handles? I really like how slick that looks. (If you've addressed this in another thread, I would love to get the cross-reference.)
  3. H

Just ordered 2014 Sport - Tuxedo Black

The beast has arrived...it's a beaut. Thanks to one and all for the advice along what seemed like an interminable wait. I look forward to the dialog ahead. Below is a quick shot in our driveway.
  4. H

Not sure I have a window sticker as yet. Thanks for the prompt reply.
  5. H

Quick question for the group...how do I decipher the build date provided (via my VIN)? Below is what was provided via VIN look-up. "Build Date:##30.11.0002" Any insights here would be most welcome.
  6. H

I'm a buy-and-hold fellow, so while resale value matters to me, it's something that's a decade out right now. :)
  7. H

Sarge: I had an Accord for ten years prior to this (with a sun roof that I opened maybe two dozen times)...I just didn't see the point. As for the ACC, I never really considered it.
  8. H

Thanks...I hadn't thought of this angle, but it makes sense. I'm definitely not paying for that -- especially since I did all the research and educated the salesperson on a lot of the specifics for my build. Good people, don't get me wrong...just not as educated as I've become (largely via...
  9. H

Configuration is as follows...getting stoked to drive this beast! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Vehicle: 2014 Ford Explorer Style: Sport 4WD Interior Color: Charcoal Black Exterior Color: Tuxedo Black Metallic -------------------- Selected Options: ---------- Trailer Tow...
Back