Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

06 Center console question

Most postal workers here just end up getting a Right hand drive car. Kinda hard but not impossible to find
  2. G

Transmission only uses engine braking sometimes? 6r60

It should really only do it if you have the towing mode on.
  3. G

What do you like best about your explorer?

I can only tell you what I miss about my explorer. - very good offroad capability. Never got stuck once with my 06. - engine bay is a nice height to work on. Not too high, not too low. And just enough room underneath to not have to jack it up to change the oil - advancetrac. The way it...
  4. G

Hi, my name is Anthony from Aruba. 2010 w/ no reverse

If you're extremely lucky you have a low fluid level. Theres no dipstick so you'll need to look up how to check. Most likely scenario is you'll need to replace rebuild the transmission but the vehicle likely isnt worth putting that kind of money into
  5. G

07 Explorer 4.0 A/C clutch rapidly kicking on and off even with A/C off

I was going to say they"ll do that when the refrigerant is running low in the a/c system, but it sounds like the wiring is bad somewhere in the vehicle. Explorers are notorious for the shielding cracking and shorting out wires
  6. G

Weird dimming of interior lights+slight brightening of headlights

It's normal. All 5 vehicles I've owned with power windows would do the same thing.
  7. G

2007 Explorer Transmission "slams" when I hit the gas

Does it only do it when starting out or does it slam the higher gears too?
  8. G

06 and up reliability?

If they're v8's might not be a bad idea to look into one. Lota of info on here about what to look for before buying one. I had an 06 V6 EB and it wasnt too bad until the transmission started to go at 118k miles. Wheel bearings, thermostat, the odd coolent hose here and there on top of regular...
  9. G

Coolant Leakage

If it's on a pulley it could be the upper radiator hose or the water pump.
  10. G

I love the Ex but....

I hate to admit it but I really like my Grand Caravan. It hauls ass and *****. The explorer has been relegated to basically a work vehicle and the kids havent been in it for more than a 1km journey in years. i'd like to get an F150 to replace it but I' not buying used and by the time i can...
  11. G

I love the Ex but....

BRONCO!
  12. G

5 speed reverse slipping

Did a search for this issue and couldn't find any info on this issue in relation to the 4th gen explorers. 06 4.0 with 5 speed transmission has started slipping in reverse. It's pretty bad, wont go uphill without a struggle and if you give it any throttle it will bounce off the redline. It...
  13. G

Leaking sun roof

Sounds more like a hole around the windshield than a sunroof leak going by where you say the drip is coming from. Any rust above the windshield at all?
  14. G

Relearn nightmares...

Any pending codes when you put a scanner on it?
  15. G

Sometimes Lazy, Sometimes Strong..

It's all about controlling the throttle and how fast you're going when you put the gas to it. You'll never get full power by just slamming the pedal to the floor. You almost have to give it a 2 second burst at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle then let off a little and you'll feel the pedal stiffen a bit...
  16. G

Random rough idle

Fuel filter?
  17. G

Stalling when in Gear along with Flickering Lights

It had to be jumped. That battery was swollen and missing 1/4 of the acid inside it too.
  18. G

Stalling when in Gear along with Flickering Lights

Had a 99 that did that. The battery was shot
  19. G

How Well Are 4th Gens Holding Up?

I put new coils, plugs and wires in this summer and it helped in warmer weather. But now that it's cold its doing it again. My 97 was real bad. It would start but you had to keep your foot on the gas for a few minutes to get it to stay running on it's own. Only happened in extreme cold though...
  20. G

Coolant Temp Sensor Popping Out

Does the housing have more than one hole for the sensor? If so try swapping the sensor to the other hole
  21. G

How Well Are 4th Gens Holding Up?

I've only had problems with the cooling system leaking here and there. Nothing major. It's starting to roll over more to start but that's probably just the intake gaskets and the fact that it's been -20c for the last 2 months here. My transmission is a little slow to shift from R to D but...
  22. G

08 Ltd 4.6L Front drive line buzzing noise/vibration

Is it possible that rear and front axle fluid are different?
  23. G

humming with 4x4 engaged

As far as I know it's normal. Just the tcase under load and since you're pretty much sitting on top of it you'll notice a new sound when its engaged
  24. G

New to the Explorer

Had an old f150 that did the same thing. Would run fine till it warmed up then just die. Turned out the fuel lines were hooked up wrong. Seeing as how yours had the motor changed, theres a possibility someone screwed that part up when doing the work
  25. G

Fair price for 2008 V8 Limited

You might get 5k if you have all the required inspections already done and it could be put on the road by the buyer on the same day. Maybe 2500 to 3k for an as is sale.
Back