Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. daverns

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

I decided to install the Kenwood KSC SW11, it's much cheaper than the JBL SL8. Completed the install yesterday and I am happy with the result. You can now call the sound as PREMIUM. I installed it under the middle of the second row seats, it fits nicely, it has about maybe 1.5 inches clearance...
  2. daverns

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Pulled the trigger and upgraded my Sync2 to Sync 3, and wireless android auto adapter.
  3. daverns

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Out for early morning fishing..
  4. daverns

I actually have those plastidip before, I am planning to replace it with vinyl.
  5. daverns

Thanks man, I am trying to black it out, I am planning on wrapping the roof black..
  6. daverns

Did some cosmetic changes and still not done..
  7. daverns

Unexplained Rattle 2014 Limited

They replaced the catalytic converter with the new one. The inside of it was rattling when starts to warm up, my rattle is more during idling for several minutes. The catalytic converter is actually still on warranty, I cannot remember if he said it was for 8 or 10 years, regardless I also have...
  8. daverns

They replaced my ac compressor as it was only noticeable or reproduceable when the AC is on, but it was still happening and so they checked again and it was ruled out to be the Catalytic converter.
  9. daverns

Thanks jons901 for analyzing the issue. After 3 days it's finally fixed, the issue is with the catalytic converter, they replaced it under warranty. It's still quite after 2 days, hopefully it stays this way 😀...good thing is now I have a brand new AC compressor...
  10. daverns

Just an update... I still have the same issue, brought it in to the dealer as I have extended warranty and found the issue is with the AC Compressor, it locked up and they found metal debris inside, they flashed the A/C system twice and still found metal debris. So they replaced the A/C...
  11. daverns

I used the grommet that is used for the windshield washer at the back of glove box, it is a little tight to get to .
  12. daverns

Just to be sure, I ordered a new belt JK6455-D and installed it, I compared it against the one I have and I cannot really tell if there is a difference. Anyway, I installed it and I still hear the clunking noise, it could be the AC compressor or the catalytic converter, but most likely the AC...
  13. daverns

It appears that the belt I have is the correct one, the part# is GB5Z-8620-A. I am suspecting it is the ac compressor.
  14. daverns

That's great to hear, I still hear the rattle on mine. I will check what is the part number of the belt that was installed on mine. Keep us a updated if the issue comes back..
  15. daverns

Replaced my 10ga wire to 4ga wire and tidy up the kicker key 180.4 install. I am planning to add kicker key 500.1 (2 channel amp) and a sub to replace the current power sub under the seat.
  16. daverns

Painted the grille FORD letters .
  17. daverns

That is what I am suspecting too, since I have extended warranty, I will wait for a couple of months and see if the rattling gets louder. Good luck on changing the AC compressor.
  18. daverns

If only the rattle is consistent, it would have been easier to pinpoint.
  19. daverns

The part arrive early so I installed it today. It was very tight, I have big hands as well. Anyway, it took me about an hour because I dropped the one bolt and it took me forever to find it. In the first 10 minutes after install, I did not hear the rattling, then it came back. The rattling only...
  20. daverns

Ford Remote Access Ends December 31, 2020

This is for 2011 to 2015/2016, that is not compatible with Ford Pass.
  21. daverns

Thanks again... I will try this over the week end...
  22. daverns

Thank you so much for the detailed information. Does the belt really have to be removed, by looking at the last image (illustration not the actual engine) the tensioner is on top of the belt.
  23. daverns

Thanks for the update... by the way, was replacing it easy? any guidance/tips would help. Thanks in advance.
  24. daverns

I have the same issue, when I was in for an oil change, I asked them to replace the serpentine belt, the rattling sounds seems to go away for about a day and came back. AC appears to have no issue, next time I will ask them to replace the tensioner. Are you still hearing the same rattling after...
  25. daverns

My 2017 Limited (with Sony audio) speaker upgrade. Thoughts..

do you still have the 3.5 kicker speaker? how much are you selling it?
Back