Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Window Woes

Well, the deed is done. I DID have to cut the boot to get to the jam side of the broken wires. SEVEN in all. Put 4" jumpers on every one and soldered them in, closed them up with heat shrink. Many hours and a headache later, everything works again.
  2. T

Window Woes

OK, unbolted the connector, pulled the boot back, there are like 6 or more wires hanging loose from the block! CAN'T pull/push the boot back far enough to see/find the jam side end of ANY OF THEM. I do NOT find any way to get the boot off, other than cutting it, don't have enough wire to pull it...
  3. T

Window Woes

So, I replaced the hinges(a pin and bushing job, drivers front) on my 2001 Explorer XLT 4.oL 4X4. Now the windows don't work. Neither do the mirror motors. Checked the big fuse in the power distribution box. Took the door junction apart, again, and made sure there are no bent pins. Where do I go...
  4. T

rebuild or engine swap?

BTW- this thing had to sit a few months, battery went dead, recharged battery, but now I can not move it. Just wont budge, like trans is locked up, antitheft or something. Any ideas?
  5. T

rebuild or engine swap?

'03 Explorer 4.0 SOHC TC jumped, oil sprayed, going uphill under load. So which way have you all found is most economical? Engine swap(used), Rebuild, or remaned engine?
  6. T

Engine swap

Did the deal. My engine has a plate on it that says 0G 962 AB mfg 10/11/00. The engine I bought has one saying 8G 962 AA mfg 01/06/98. A difference I have already noticed is the fuel lines. Mine has a single stainless line going up to the fuel rail, the one I bought has two stainless lines. Is...
  7. T

Engine swap

Thanks, I think. Already have a call in to find out which one they have.
  8. T

Engine swap

Yes, my 2001 is 4.0 SOHC equipped. What differences am I looking at if the '99 is an OHV?
  9. T

Engine swap

I have a 2001 Explorer XLT and am swaping out the engine. I have a line on a 1999, all things considered, it should be a simple swap?
  10. T

2001 F/E xlt

Yes! Thank you. Why don't they just say 2wd? A common difference between engines installed in 2wd versions (of 4X4's) is having an opposite positioned oil sump. Is this the case with the Explorers?
  11. T

2001 F/E xlt

Please allow me to be more specific, without incurring your wrath. What is the difference between a 2X4(4X2) and a 4X4 Explorer, not the engine difference. I get that, thank you. Put another way, why is one called a 4X2 and the other a 4X4?
  12. T

2001 F/E xlt

So, what is the difference? 2X4 vs. 4X4?
  13. T

2001 F/E xlt

2001 Explorer 4.0l SOHC XLT, yes. Is there a DIS advantage?
  14. T

2001 F/E xlt

:eek:Hey, I have a 2001 Explorer with the drivers side valve train failure. There is a local engine advertised out of a 2000, but the guy says his mechanic says that it will only fit a 2X4. What the heck is he talking about? btw- is MY mechanic just trying to sell me a new motor?
  15. T

Old Explorer

Thank you for the 'Welcome', Rick.:chug: I tried that yesterday and wondered if no news was good news. I would really like to keep this little rig, it has been good, but if I can't get an engine in it for less than a newer better rig, well I hate to think about it.
  16. T

Old Explorer

Hi Guys (Ladies included)! I've come to make your acquaintances and pick the brains of the fairest minded people I could find; Explorer owners. My '92 EB has a scored cylinder. I'm looking at a quote from a place called Southwest Engines for a used replacement. Any body have experience with them?
Back