Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Window Woes

So, I replaced the hinges(a pin and bushing job, drivers front) on my 2001 Explorer XLT 4.oL 4X4. Now the windows don't work. Neither do the mirror motors. Checked the big fuse in the power distribution box. Took the door junction apart, again, and made sure there are no bent pins. Where do I go...
  2. T

rebuild or engine swap?

'03 Explorer 4.0 SOHC TC jumped, oil sprayed, going uphill under load. So which way have you all found is most economical? Engine swap(used), Rebuild, or remaned engine?
  3. T

Engine swap

I have a 2001 Explorer XLT and am swaping out the engine. I have a line on a 1999, all things considered, it should be a simple swap?
  4. T

2001 F/E xlt

:eek:Hey, I have a 2001 Explorer with the drivers side valve train failure. There is a local engine advertised out of a 2000, but the guy says his mechanic says that it will only fit a 2X4. What the heck is he talking about? btw- is MY mechanic just trying to sell me a new motor?
  5. T

Old Explorer

Hi Guys (Ladies included)! I've come to make your acquaintances and pick the brains of the fairest minded people I could find; Explorer owners. My '92 EB has a scored cylinder. I'm looking at a quote from a place called Southwest Engines for a used replacement. Any body have experience with them?
Back