Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Fuel Tracking Sites

Fuelios actual account of MPG is usually 1 MPG less than the Explorers computer in my experience
  2. D

Fuel Tracking Sites

I learned of Fuelio via this forum and I've been using it for a for about 5 months. Its a handy little app with great statistics and charts. I figured I'd start this threat for anyone who's interested in sharing MPG and other stats. 2017 Explorer Sport Liverniois Tune From 9/2016 to 2/2017 Ive...
  3. D

Steering Wheel Controls when playing music from USB

I've owned a '14 and '17 explorer sport and the steering wheel controls have worked flawlessly with USB on MFT and Sync 3. I've plugged drives into the center console (2017) as well as the ash tray console and have never had an issue. Make sure your Sync system is up to date and perhaps try a...
  4. D

Only a 14-15 gallon tank?- MY17

if anyone is interested...I've seen weird #'s but my 17 Sport is just broken in this is from the dash mpg (lie o meter) my 2014 Limited 20K Miles 14.8mpg - 15.2mpg commuting to work, (many traffic lights) 19.5mpg - 20mpg road tripping My 2017 Sport 1K Miles (Livernois 93) 13.7mpg - 14.1mpg...
  5. D

sync 3 navigation stopped

I was on a road trip 2 weeks ago about 45 min into my drive home my Sync 3 crashed while in nav mode, i didnt touch anything I just noticed it stopped tracking... when I tried to interact with it, the screen got very confused, it displayed the full screen nav on top of the home screen ... it...
  6. D

purchasing husky liners

The Left foot room at the "dead" pedal has increased about 2 inches from the 2014 to the 2017. It feels substantial. My laser fit weathertech liner that I moved over has a large gap at the pedal.
  7. D

SYNC Destinations

I loved the SYNC Destinations app for my 2014 Explorer. It was great to configure my nav route on my phone then just send it to the nav in the EX. I would load it by using the "services" voice command It doesn't seem to work with SYNC 3. There appears not to be a command "services" I assume...
  8. D

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

Ive been talking with the guys at Livernois and I'm about to order the LPP631131 Tuner, 3 Bar Map Sensor, and Thermostat for my '17 Sport. I was told they,ve tuned a few '17s already.
  9. D

Android Auto

My '17 Sport is on the way, I was interested in feedback on Android Auto. Anyone care to share pros and cons, favorite apps, etc.? Does android auto work when connected via bluetooth? Thanks,
  10. D

Trade in value?

Another thing to consider is that the trade in price is subtracted from the vehicle price when it comes time to calculate the tax so a grand or two is not worth it in my case. $28000 trade in = $2485 less in tax on the new EX (here in NY)
  11. D

Rebate Stacking

Confirmed with d plan the costco rebate is void the student rebate is accepted
  12. D

Adding dashcam. Any tips?

So my 2017 Sport is on its way,... Has anyone looked into installing a small DVR and recording the video from the front and rear cameras that are factory installed?
  13. D

Rebate Stacking

OK I contacted another dealership. They said I can use the student but not the costco rebate with the d plan....
  14. D

Rebate Stacking

I dont really trust the guy who is working the deal for me at the dealership, I get the feeling he a little lazy with me - do you guys know whom to contact at Ford perhaps someone on this forum who might be able to check? Thanks
  15. D

Rebate Stacking

Hello All, My apologies if there's already a thread about this but I couldn't find the info via searching. I've ordered a '17 Sport and I'm curious about stacking rebates and deals. I'm getting the D-Plan I was wondering if I can use the College student incentive ($500) with the D-Plan also...
  16. D

Interesting Ecoboost modifications article with Dynos (F150)

I found this very interesting and wanted to share it with you guys. On the sixth or so page there are a couple of before and after dynos. http://www.full-race.com/articles/what-is-ecoboost.html
  17. D

Trade in value?

27 month old 2014 limited 301a tow pkg with 21k miles, excellent condition Sticker price $43k - I'm only getting $25k for the trade kbb = $27k - $29k trade in very good condition UPDATE Just an FYI one dealer quoted $28,000 another $25,000
  18. D

2017 ordering

I just ordered my 2017 Sport Magnetic 401a rear bumper protector, roof rack crossbars. D-Plan I'll keep you posted on the milestones of the order. I love my 2014 Limited and Im gonna miss her, she treated me great. I wasnt really looking for a new vehicle but I saw a 2017 magnetic and...
  19. D

XLT Owner- Is Tuning Worth It?

I'd like to get my hands on the tuner for my '14 3.5L NA. When I purchase the tuner can I get multiple maps for it (87, 91, 87 towing etc) or do I have to purchase the Maps separately? Also, I remember seeing a $100 coupon for Livernois on these forums at one point is that coupon still...
  20. D

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

for what its worth... I've experienced a grinding sound coming from the brakes when driving first thing in the morning on my wifes 2010 Edge. My father in law is a service manager for a ford dealership and has inspected my wifes edge at length with great care and determined it to be rust...
  21. D

vehicle health report - 200 mile error

I have this problem as well. Did you resolve the issue? My Ex has only 980 miles but I've run a VHR in the past. Now its telling me the VHR can not run until I've traveled 200 miles...
  22. D

2014 Ford Explorer Rear Window Spoiler Ridiculous

haha,... no kidding the 1999 Honda Passport that I replaced with my new EX had a broken rear wiper....
Back