Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

99 Eddie Bauer parts near Madison, WI

https://madison.craigslist.org/pts/6296856498.html
  2. V

Trans swap 99 EB to 98 EB no gears.

Hey guys. From the research I've done on the site both the trucks have the 5r55e transmission. Both 4.0 4x4. The 98 didn't have reverse so I put the 99 into it. Thought it would be plug and play (or drive) but it won't go into gear. I did take the torque converter from the 98 trans because...
  3. V

Living the dream. Bought another EB.

Over the last month it had become undeniable that the rust on my truck had gotten to the point of no return. There would be too much bodywork needed to justify trying to fix it. A friend of mine was over helping load up the top for a camping trip and he stood on the side step. It gave out...
  4. V

Why can't I find a direct fit muffler?

I went to Autozone, Advance Auto and O'Reilly. Apparently depending on the build date of 99's there are different size inlet tubes/flanges. Build date of my truck is 12/98. What OE replacements are out there? Stores only seem to have Walker brand. Strange thing is, when I bought the truck...
  5. V

Tranny issues.

How often does a tranny flush and filter change solve issues? Truck is vibrating really bad and it seems like it's more difficult for my truck to get up to speed in first and second gears. Noticed my MPG's have dropped in those gears as well. Erratic shifting.
  6. V

How much play is normal...wheel to cv axle to front diff.

I've got both front wheels off the ground and need to know if what I'm seeing is "normal". Turning the driver side wheel by hand the passenger side barely moves. Turning the front driveshaft by hand the ds wheel turns but then seems to lag for a few seconds with the driveshaft still turning...
  7. V

99 Eddie Bauer sub alternator whine

I have the dreaded alternator whine coming from the sub in my truck. I've read that the culprit might be a bad ground. Are there particular ground locations that I should check that may cause this? If so, where are they? Been listening to this whine for over a year now and want to get it...
  8. V

'03 4l V6 into a '99 eddie bauer w/ 4l V6

My '99 Explorer Eddie Bauer is creeping up on 200k miles. I know some guys have gone double that with these motors but I don't think it's going to happen with this one. Found a motor on Craigslist from an '03 Explorer with only 85k. I know anything can be made to fit but can anyone tell me...
  9. V

99 Ex Westin Brushguard install w/custom brackets

Earlier this spring I bought a brushguard for my '99 Ex. I started positioning it using wood boards and styrofoam.
  10. V

Before and after pics. 1 1/2 inch rear spacers.

I got my spacers in the mail today. Had to throw them on right away. Before: After:
  11. V

Ex Sport on Craigslist in Wisconsin

Hey guys, check out this link. Truck looks clean... http://janesville.craigslist.org/pts/4902795432.html
  12. V

Switching from two piece to one piece passenger control arm

My truck needs some serious suspension work. Pretty much want to do the whole front end. I found that there is a one piece option for the passenger upper control arm. Has anyone gone from two to one piece? What's the difference? Part/brand recommendations welcome. :exp:
  13. V

AAL (Add A Leaf) installed a month ago.

So I pulled the trigger on the AAL about a month ago. I bought them from Summit Racing (EXP-13120) for $35.99. $45.94 after shipping. I installed them myself and it took about a day to do it. Before installing I couldn't fit my fist between the rear tire and the wheel arch. Now I can. I...
  14. V

Can I do this front clip swap?

I got my '99 EX EB but loved the look my '05 Sport Trac. Has anyone attempted to put the front of a Sport Trac onto an Explorer?
  15. V

What are the differences? Exhaust.

I've had my '99 EX EB for a couple weeks now. It needed some exhaust work so I was scanning threads for information. A few people claimed to have a helluva time getting the tailpipe section into place. I put a new muffler and tailpipe on and threading the tailpipe through was one of the...
  16. V

Explorer named top 10 iconic cars of past 25 years

I didn't see a discusion thread so please move to the appropriate area. Yahoo auto came up with a list of the top ten iconic cars of the past 25 years and the Explorer made the list. See what they said about it...
  17. V

This Newbie will not be fooled.

I am now the proud owner of a '99 Ex EB. I've been cruising around this site taking in as much info as possible. Reading a thread about replacing shocks, a couple of members referenced the "5th" shock. I had previously owned an '05 Sport Trac and never heard of such a thing. Thought it was a...
Back