Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

2005 EB sudden rear speakers not working.

I noticed my tunes sounded flat and realized rear speakers were not working. HU is Kenwood DMX4707 with infinity speakers in rear. I pulled the HU and connected an old speaker to RR at HU. Got sound. Is there any common wire that runs to both rear speaker from harness that could be the problem...
  2. W

Advance Trac - Do I have it?

Welcome Mate, My ex is also a 2005 EB 4.6L V8. On mine it has an RCS label on the tailgate and on the center console there is a button to turn AdvTrac off and on. I think there is only a symbol on the guage cluster when it is turned OFF. I will verify in the morning on my drive to work. My ex...
  3. W

Question about gear selector 2005 EB 4.6L 4WD

Hi All, I finally got my gear selector sliding all the way to park (removed indicator andf cleaned and re-lubed the slide) and centered on each selection. I noticed quite by accident that the shift lever does not lock between N and D. It does lock (have to pull lever forward) between D and 3. I...
  4. W

Radio volume control

Last summer I bought a new radio / CD player to replace a radio with a bad volume ghost. Cost was about $130 and has Bluetooth and USB. I can now carry my entire album collection. I also bought the connectors for the steering wheel controls. I only wish I had done it a year earlier. Time to swap...
  5. W

Opions requested on rear shocks

I have rebuilt my front suspension on my 05 EB V8 4WD over the last 1 1/2 years. Last part was lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, and new Monroe quick struts which were replaced last month. I am now planning on the rears. I ocassionally tow a 6 x 12 cargo trailer and am thinking about...
  6. W

2005 Ford Explorer cabin air filter location?

Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround
  7. W

Heard a pop & a flap slap shut, now air flow is very weak

At the end of the thread refereced above I listed how I replaced the door. Activate the recirc button first so you can verify the movement of the lever. This spring when I did it a second time to glue the pin on, I found that removing the metal brace ( #14 in the illustration) made it a lot...
  8. W

Heard a pop & a flap slap shut, now air flow is very weak

Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround I have had to fix this twice, the first time I just reseated the flap to the pivot pin. A year later it came off again so I used super glue.
  9. W

Solved Successful '02 4.6L AC Bypass

It is nothing. Good Luck and let us know.
  10. W

Solved Successful '02 4.6L AC Bypass

Verify routing of belt. Use an OBD scanner to get operating temp. Reclean MAF and AIC as those are (from what I read) major causes of low idle. Remove Positive batt. cable overnight so can relearn fuel trims. That's all that comes to mind from me.
  11. W

65 mph and Over vibration

I have vibration above 65 without the noise. It can be felt in the steering and left front floorboard. Due to some tire wear issues, I replaced front ball joints, struts, and outer tie rod. Wheel alignment shop said inner tie rods were worn. After alignment the vibration is better but still...
  12. W

No air coming thru vents

Here is the fix for my 05 EB. Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround
  13. W

rear swaybar bushing bracket, studs spinning

2005 EB V8....Diagnosing some clunking and found Left rear swaybar bushing slid from bracket. I went to loosen bracket, with a shot of PB Blaster and using a 15mm ratcheting wrench on the nuts and now the studs just spin. I spent about a half hour and the stud is not coming out of the...
  14. W

ABS locked, Traction Control off and 4X4 high flashing?

Probably a bad front wheel hub. ABS speed sensor is internal to the hub. On my 05 I had the brakes lock up and it was due to the bad hub. The computer sees that as if it was skidding and brakes the other wheels to match. I was about 40 miles from home. I pulled the ABS fuse to get it home. With...
  15. W

2005 Explorer Horn Troubleshoot

The horn relay is in the relay box under the hood. My 2005 EB V8 manual says # 47. The illustration of teh box is on page 242 of the manual. Here is a link to the manual. Find Your Owner Guide | Vehicle Basics | Official Ford Owner Site
  16. W

Subwoofer in original spot

I would reccomend going to a junk yard and getting a factory sub box from an Explorer. You can get aftermarket subs to fit the enclosure if the sub is no good. Also suggest you repost and / or search the audio forum.
  17. W

How to check fuel pressure? How to Force Limp Mode?

If the engine cranks but does not fire, pulling the fuse and cranking it may work. Don't know for sure. Good luck with the scanner.
  18. W

How to check fuel pressure? How to Force Limp Mode?

If you have access to a bluetooth or wifi OBD scanner and use the forscan software, it can read fuel pressure in real time. On my 05 EB 4.6, I pulled the ABS fuse due to a bad sensor in front hub. This caused Limp mode.
  19. W

Help with starting problem

the starter initally pushes the small gear (I think it is called the bendix) into ther flywheel. Once it extends it triggers the circuit that spins the gear. If you mostly get clunking and no spinning it could be one of of things. either the starter motor or the solinoid. You can test by...
  20. W

Intro and need some help

There is always a chance it could be the battery. When they get low voltage any number of symptoms can show up. Best thing to diagnose is to get a multimeter (Volt meter) and check the voltage. You can get one cheap at stores that sell Truper hardware. If batter is good (12V) then you will need...
  21. W

Exhaust gasket help

I just replaced mine last month with that one from RA. It is the correct one. I also have an '05 EB 4.6L I replaced bolts as well.
  22. W

Can someone help me out with a Front Brake hose dilema..

Do the hoses on your Ex have the plastic brackets that line up with the ABS sensor cables. Try to compare the brackets on the ones you order with the ABS cables. Maybe the previous owner replaced them with the incorrect ones?
  23. W

Can someone help me out with a Front Brake hose dilema..

Are there any markings of the hose? You may have ordered the correct part but had the order fulfilled with the wrong part. Look up the hose at RockAuto, they have good pics of parts. It should look exactly like the pic.
  24. W

2003 4.0 Odd Fast Crank No-Start

Just a guess about an experience on my 05 V8, Try the key to ON for 3-5 seconds then crank. My solinoid was possibly drawing so much current that I had to do this for several days before started finally died with no crank. Replaced with a known good used starter and works fine. Started by acting...
Back