Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Anyone try these?

I did find that the 3.0l and 5.0l motors use a similar lifter and is designed to pump oil through the pushrods. Don't know if they are the same diameter, length shouldn't mater cause we were discussing cut to length pushrods.
  2. W

Anyone try these?

As always this forum remains one of the best sources for information. I'm wondering what would need to be done to pump oil through them(pushrods). Likely not worth the effort other than to be different.
  3. W

Anyone try these?

ok thanks.
  4. W

Anyone try these?

I've got a 4.0 ohv, since the pushrods are solid I thought a hollow pushrod might help with oil flow to the valve train. Conp cams has these semi-finished pushrods which are hollow, has anyone tried these? http://www.compcams.com/catalog/COMP2011/pdf/COMP_Catalog_2011_307-310.pdf
  5. W

Intake modification -opions wanted

Finally finished the rough machining, still got alot of polishing to do. Here are some pics.
  6. W

Thanks guys, its a winter project :D. The throttle body, and upper intake are done, still have the heads to do and hopefully they are not cracked. I won't be using loctite on the intake manifold bolts but will install studs in place of the bolts. I have decided to continue the grove around the...
  7. W

I still can't believe how loose the bolts were when I took the manifold off, the truck only has 166 thousand kms on it and the guy I had bought it from already had the top end done once.:eek:
  8. W

Porting the intake.... some other parts ready to go...
  9. W

I went ahead and grooved the ends of the manifold, still may groove it around the coolant ports. Since everyone loves pics...
  10. W

Contacted Loctite and this is what they told me... Loctite® does not affect the torque of a standard bolt. This would also relate to a friction coefficient of 0.15
  11. W

Lots of posts about loose intake bolts, there is even a TSB to check them.
  12. W

Sorry, I was considering using blue loctite on the lower intake bolts that thread into the block. As for silicon I plan on using Permatex Right Stuff.
  13. W

Recently my 92 Ranger 4.0 OHV developed a coolant leak (intake gasket). This apparently is quite common, the bolts loosen themselves up and viola. I personally don't like the design and aside from replacing the gasket and using loctite on the bolts I'm thinking that there has to be a better...
  14. W

A4LD Heat Shield

Thanks for your interest but I do not plan to be making any more, the drawing and pics are there to guide you in making your own.:D
  15. W

Water Pump Bolt From HELL!!!

IndianaKenny, I think you may be right. Looks like its going to need replacing anyway, try applying heat to where it threads into the block,
  16. W

Water Pump Bolt From HELL!!!

Use a Dremel to grind part of the nut off and it should split fairly easy after that.
  17. W

How well do the metal flex fans work

I plan on doing this soon, you'll need the adapter FLEX-A-LITE # 851 and a good quality flex fan don't go cheap. The cheap ones will crack around the rivets, better yet are the reinforced nylon fans as they are lighter at around 11 ounces and you don't have to worry about cracks around the...
  18. W

Battery Terminals ???

Those JL terminal look really slick, but more money than I am willing to spend on a battery terminal. BrooklynBay I agree an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. My personal observation over the years with many vehicles, is that if you have bad corrosion problems it is a sign of a poor...
  19. W

Battery Terminals ???

I just ordered a set of the military style :salute: for my Ranger from the local auto parts store, prices seem to vary by brand from $5 to $10 each. The cheapest ones I found were made by PICO, just under 5 dollars each.
  20. W

bad ecm?

I had some intermittent issues with my 1992 Ranger, found 2 capacitors on the ECM board that seemed to be bulging at the tops and bottoms, testing reviled that they had seen better days. A trip to the local electronics store and a couple of bucks for new caps and some conformal coating to reseal...
  21. W

Solved A4LD opinions. A Sure-Seal bushing was installed in the bellhousing.

Well its all back together and I've been driving it for awhile... no leaks, the SureSeal bushing works like a charm and best of all no having to send the bellhousing out to have the bushing machined in place. I would highly recommend it to anyone rebuilding a transmission.
  22. W

A4LD intermediate drum assembly

I have seen a few posts from several people looking for help assembling the intermediate drum. This drawing should be of help to you.
  23. W

For those of you that are interested I have put a number of fun little upgrades in this unit. Transgo shift kit, Superior shift kit, all the Sonnax upgrades (too numerous to list), billet pump gears, ZF servos, and soaked everything in TRIPAK metal treatment. Future plans include a remote...
  24. W

Well the fitzall bushing is installed, made sure to drill the relief hole from 1/4 to 5/16 and chamfer it for better flow. For added insurance I used PERMATEX 24163 surface prep along with LOCTITE 609 retaining compound when installing the pump seal. For those unfamiliar, LOCTITE 609 is an...
  25. W

I hope to have it back together and in the truck running in a couple of months. I will keep you guys posted.
Back