Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

extraordinary winding sound when rev. down...

i truly hope it could be a torque converter problem, not too much of a big deal to fix if that's the case... the problem is my mechanic doesn't even know if that's the case... he didn't find any problem in or around the engine :-\ Also, the only codes i've gotten from the test were something...
  2. A

extraordinary winding sound when rev. down...

I have a '96 Explorer XLT 4X4. Progressively over the past 5 or so months, I noticed harsher shifting from the transmission. Because the shifting didn't necessarily jerk or anything like that, I overlooked the issue since it wasn't severe. There wasn't even a 'check engine' light on or anything...
  3. A

Anyone know if this is going to work in the newer X's?

My guess is no... that looks like it might only fit with the 2nd generation models :( ... who knows though, maybe it might work if you try it out or if you mod it to the newer CD changer systems. Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  4. A

HU getting to Hot???

Is it the stock premium sound system or the JBL sound system... if you run the system continuously, although rare, is likely to overheat. Give the head unit some recovery and I'm sure that'll do the trick. Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  5. A

lost power on freeway... something burnt

A similar situation happened to me not too long ago, the problem was multiple misfires with some electrical components... not sure of what exactly. Has you check engine light been on for sometime before the car died? Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N...
  6. A

"X" Down

I was on my way out of school yesterday when I realized the X wouldn't start @ all... all the battery connections are good and the car goes in the "on" mode with power to everything--- the stereo, all the dashboard lights, etc., there's just no start--- just a distinct click when i try the...
  7. A

any way to disable the rear seat stereo controls on a '01 X Sport?

Can that be done only for both the Premium and JBL sound systems systems? Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  8. A

annoying open door buzzers

What a shame that a blown out fuse could cause the annoying sound :\ Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  9. A

Drive or Overdrive in city

Drive all the way in the city... the rpm gets too low in city and you gotta have the xtra "scoot" to get pass all the slow drivers hehe Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  10. A

What's the best brand of 5w-30 dino oil?

Chevron all the way Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  11. A

My Sirius install

Not too shabby lookin'... nice job Roy __________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  12. A

Noisey Sunroof

Ditto, I used some WD-40 up in that sucker and the noise is a thing of the past Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  13. A

Turns Off in Low Speed

Strange indeed... is your check engine light on by any chance? Also you might want to check out the battery connections. Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  14. A

94 XLT.. Whats it worth?

my guess is $2000 to $3000 USD... if that Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  15. A

95 explorer xlt wont start Help!!

I agree, you might want to double check the starter, battery terminal, and ignition again... as well as the fuel pump and pressure... might be congested. Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  16. A

Flowmaster Exhaust too Ricy?

Not "ricey" one bit... rather "MANLY" :-) Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  17. A

key and remote for 2002

You can buy remotes off of ebay... kinda risky though... not too sure if reprogramming remotes for the 2002-up Explorers are as easy as the '95-'01 models... try looking around on ebay though, never hurts to try Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter...
  18. A

Shelby Ford Expedition...

That's a great lookin' Expedition... now how about that for us Explorer nuts too... the Saleen Explorer isn't enough :-P Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC v6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  19. A

Trade Explorer for Expedition

Explorer... Expedition... hmmm, either way you go, you're a winner with a "Ford Tough" truck :-) Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  20. A

97 can i add a changer ??

Agreed Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  21. A

clank when shifting to reverse

Rather common clunk...? I too get a "clunk" occasionally with my truck. I wonder if a lot of other Explorer owners get that also... Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  22. A

Best "Flowmaster"

Hmm... alright I suppose I mean what is the "best" in terms of best performance overall Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  23. A

96 X with 00 mountaineer front end

Whoa... that looks pretty good! How much time did it take for the conversion? Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
  24. A

Best "Flowmaster"

So I got into a little debate with my buddy about which Flowmaster was best suited for the 96-98 Explorer V6 engines (both the OHV and SOHC). I told him that the Explorer that was on my X (Flowmaster 40 Series) was perhaps the best bang and value for the buck. My buddy however, insists that the...
  25. A

What is an Explorer Expedition?

The Expedition is perhaps the rarest Explorer out there Roy _________________ 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 K&N Filter Flowmaster
Back