Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Pending codes on my 2013 XLT

Every once in a while I do a scan with Forscan and I find 2 pending codes: 1. ABS Module: U0452:68-AB "Invalid Data Received from Restraint Control Module" 2. RCM or Restraint Control Module: U3000:49-0B "Control Module Internal Electronic Failure" Codes are pending, Check Engine light or any...
  2. E

Old Mattress Syndrome

My rear springs sound like an Old Mattress, squeak a lot. I´ve tried 3 different kind of lube, it goes away for a day or 2, then comes back. Any ideas???
  3. E

Possibly getting an 2021 or 2022 XLT

Possibly getting an 2021 or 2022 XLT how is the transmission issue (shifting issues), has it been resolved? What about carbon deposits in the intake valves? Maybe it´s too soon but are there any cases yet? Thanks for any info
  4. E

The rare case of synthetic oil

I always use 5w-20 Motorcraft Blend, decided to try the Motorcraft full synthetic. Surprise, I feel less power, specially in low rpms, fuel economy is worse, at least 1 mpg. I have no scientific explanation, just day to day driving habits under same conditions and feeling (butt dyno). Did a...
  5. E

Random RPMs drop, engine seems want to stall

Recently I´ve been noticing a random drop in rpms, below 500. At first I noticed it on D on stop and go traffic, the engine seems to want to stall briefly, then the rpms got back up to 600+. Then today it happened at Parking. I turned the A/C on and off and the rpms seem unchanged, So I don´t...
  6. E

Dealer Motorcraft parts vs online Motorcraft

Is there any difference between the Motorcraft parts that are found in a Ford Dealer and the Motorcraft parts found elsewhere, say Amazon, Rockauto, etc?
  7. E

5w-30 oil in a 3.5 NA Engine

Anyone using 5w-30 oil in the 2011-2019 3.5 NA (non turbo) Ford Explorers? I've read 5w-20 will yield 1 to 2% better fuel economy if any but 30% worse engine longevity. I know what the manual says and that it doesn't mention using anything else than 5w-20. If you have any experience with...
  8. E

Spring like sound after Ford´s toe link recall update

A month ago I got a call form my dealer to do the toe link recall update, at that time my truck didn´t have any sounds or noises of any kind. Days after I got the truck back I noticed a spring like sound from the rear suspension, passenger side. That happens every time there is torsion on the...
  9. E

Anyone tried iridium spark plugs on the 3.5 V6 na

has anyone tried any type of iridium spark plugs on the non turbo 3.5? I´ve seen that the 3.5 Ecoboost people have tried the NGK IX Iridiums, but I haven´t seen that on the na 3.5 Any benefits like better fuel economy or more throttle response, etc over the stock platinum?
  10. E

Noisy timing chain 3.5 V6 NA

I noticed a timing chain noise at sartup, pretty much the same noise as the 4.0 SOHC on the previous generations use to make. Lasted 1-2 seconds maybe. Truck had be sitting overnight, about 80F outside temp. This is the first time I´ve heard this. I´ve done a search, only found this problem on...
  11. E

Bulb out message

Hello I´ve only had my 2013 XLT for 6 months, I´ve searched and looked in the manual, found nothing. Do 5th generation explorer have a message in the dash board when a bulb goes out? Thanks in advance
  12. E

Brakes don´t have initial bite

Hello all Since I bought my 2010 Explorer with about 33k miles I´ve noticed that the brakes don´t have the initial bite or stopping force any other car, truck or SUV has. Usually when you step on the brakes on any good working vehicles as soon as you step on the brakes and feel resistance the...
  13. E

2wd or awd

Hello to all I have a 2010 XLT 4x4 Explorer, I want to replace it with a new 2017 XLT, I don´t use the 4x4 regularly, maybe 2-3 times per year in very brief situations. Even at those moments the 4x4 is very welcome but the 2wd would probably be ok but it impossible to know for sure since it´s...
  14. E

4.0 SOHC Spark plug cables

Just wondering, the replacement OEM Motorcraft cables are longer than the factory ones, specially the cylinders 1,2,3. Is there an alternate routing besides the back of the alternator that I'm not aware of?
  15. E

H13 headlight bulbs orientation

I recently fitted some H13 LED headlight bulbs but they can be rotated to be fitted in any angle. The stock bulbs´ filament sit at a 45 degree angle, I want to confirm this is right or if there´s a better orientation for better pattern.
  16. E

Puddle lamp

I´ve been looking for the puddle lamp, that is the lamp at the bottom of the side mirror. All I can find is the whole mirror. Anyone knows if only the lamp can be found anywhere? Thanks
  17. E

P0443 & p0403

Hello Ford Explorer 2010 V6 4x4 3 weeks ago check engine light came on, P0443, tought it was the solenoid located next to the brake master cylinder, ordered the part. While Waiting for it and clearing the code every 2 days the P0403 (EGR Valve) also came on. When the solenoid arrived I...
  18. E

Brakes issue

Hello I don´t know if it´s a thing about the explorers but the initial bite on the brakes is almost non existent. When you press the brake pedal you begin to feel resistance but the brakes almost won´t engage, the truck won´t brake much, just a tiny bit. I have to press harder and it does begin...
  19. E

Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Hello Does anyone knows where I can find a set for the 2006-2010 Explorer? I found a company that can custom make them but they need the hoses, I´m located overseas.
  20. E

Online OEM parts

I tried searching, no luck. Where do you guys buy Ford parts from online? I´m looking for a reputable store to buy genuine Motorcraft parts. Thanks
  21. E

Spark plug wires ohm values

Hello to all Is there a factory specification of what is the range of the resistance value (ohms) of each spark plug wire?
  22. E

Spark plug wires

I just replaced the spark plug wires and some of them keep popping out of the coil pack, they feel like they don´t go all the way in. I used stock Motorcraft wires. Anybody had this experience?
  23. E

2010 Explorer V6 AIC Valve

I'm looking for the aic valve on my 2010 v6 4.0 explorer. Can't find it. Anyone knows where is it. I want to clean it just for maintenance purpose.
  24. E

Auto lights

Hello to all Today I noticed that my lights are on all the time in daylight. I always have them in auto mode and only turn on when there´s little light or at night. Any ideas what to check? Thanks in advance PD: I don´t have daylight running lights, this auto feature has always worked.
  25. E

Alpine KTP-445U Install

I´m trying to find a harness to install this power pack, I don´t want to cut the factory wiring. Anybody knows of a patch that will let me do this? Thanks in advance EDIT: this is to install the Alpine KTP-445U which is an amplifier, it takes the signal from the factory radio and boost power...
Back