Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Fuse #15 Keeps Blowing

burns the bigger fuse.
  2. B

Fuse #15 Keeps Blowing

Pulled the factory head unit, checked door wires, disconnected and chased the alarm wires. Same problem. Registers a parasitic draw of about 11 volts at .06 to 15.7 amps...pulses with about 3ohms of resistance...just enough to blow the fuse.
  3. B

'02 Explorer blowing fuse #15, loss of power windows, instruments, radio, int lights

I am going to check my puddle lights as I have exactly the same issues.
  4. B

Parasitic Current Draw??

Please do, I am having a similar problem, but my #15 blows out immediately. I found that an amp draw is going on all the time...just enough to cause a light tester to flicker. I noted that the red light in the center of the dash blinks with the test light hooked up, and once I disconnect the...
  5. B

Fuse #15 Keeps Blowing

Battery junction box. All other fuses under dash and in the battery junction are fine. It is a head scratcher for sure...lol...I checked the wires in the right front wheel well closer to the oil pan for damage, I checked the rear liftgate wires, next I will check the visor wires. If anyone has...
  6. B

Fuse #15 Keeps Blowing

I have fuse #15 blowing out constantly...I hooked up a test light to the fuse block in this location...light pulses. I checked the voltage, it shows 11 volts down to 10...battery os perfect, brand new and fully charged. If I put a new fuse in it blows out in exactly 4 seconds each time. I...
  7. B

New member, in Tacoma Washington

Hi all, I love my Explorer NBX, has been a great vehicle for my family. That said, I came to find this thread after having some issues. First, my radio stopped working, got hot...real hot, and now the cd player quit. Second, I had a fuse blow out, tried changing it and the new one blows...
Back