Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Suspension Kit off of Ebay....Any good?

Well I found this suspension kit on ebay...
  2. C

Auto Trans Gear Shifter out of Alignment.

Crazy...looked all over the forum but didn't find anything... This morning i turned on my ranger put i into drive and saw the gauge and it said 2 instead of D (Drive). I then put it back to D and it was in N (Neutral), but it was on the D I went threw all the gears but it seems they are...
  3. C

CARMD? Any Good???

Recently started looking around to get my own code reader. Then i came across this "CARMD" reader that's about $90. I thought that was really cheap. but am skeptical about the quality and reliability. Any of you own one of these readers. How good is it? Is it just for one vehicle or can it be...
  4. C

Fly-Up Hood '96 Exp

I had my exp's hood fly straight up at a 90 coming on to my shop today. Long story short. Went to go pay the insurance bill. got out paid the bill, got back into the truck and the truck wouldn't come out of park. WTF! check the brake light fuse and the other fuses under the hood...they were all...
  5. C

Do I have an alarm on my truck

I bought a 1999 SuperCab Ranger V6 OHV about a week ago. i was given two keys that belong to the truck and none had a remote on them, so i assumed the truck had no alarm on it. i wanted to install one in. but tonight when i got in the truck i saw a flashing red light on the dash "Theft". just...
  6. C

XM Radio ???

for any of you audio buffs out there....Just purchased an Alpine 9833 HU with a Trek XMDirect XMD1000. now my question is...does the trek XMD 1000 connedt directly to the XM Ready HU or do i also need a adapter to hook up to the Hu. in other works: Is it like this? HU hooked up to...
  7. C

back White Lites won't come on?

you know those white lights on the back where the third brake like is...the ones that turn on when you open your door. well i've changed the bulbs and they still won't turn on. third brake light bulb was out. replaced it and the brake light is working again, but no white lights...has anyone had...
  8. C

MTX Audio Thunder8000 T81044A

Need some quick feed back on an amp for this sub http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTXT81044A I just purchased this sub and now i need an amp for it. i have the JBL system on my X and the amp died a couple of months ago. Now i'm replacing the HU, Amp, and sub. i've got the HU and Sub. Now i need...
  9. C

Are gauges the same for '96 stock and '96 Limited?

trying to purchase some white gauges for my X '96 Limited. my question is. Are the gauges the same for a stock compared to a Limited...thanx
  10. C

What HU Stereo Brand Do You Prefer?

I have a '96 Limited 2WD and was thinking of upgrading my HU. But which on to get is the question? I was leaning toward either a Kenwood, Pioneer or Alpine. Just woundering which One You Prefer and why. Give Model, Price and place where you got it from would be nice. My X has a JBL w/6...
  11. C

Sun Roof Air Deflector

Just woundering if anyone has a Sun Roof Air Deflector here. Been looking for one but i'm kinda of confuse. there's two different sizes for the ex a 34 1/4 and a 36 1/4. What's the difference. they both supposily fit, do the groves in the roof have to do with these sizes...which one do u have on...
  12. C

How much would it cost....

Just wanted to know if it's a good price... A friend of mine has a mechanic that said he'd 1) Change pinion seal; 2) Change the yokes on U-Joints (2). 3) Oil and gasket on Axle. all for $100 and i buy the Parts needed. Is that a good price... Kinda new at the explorer thing....thanx...
  13. C

Pinion Seal Leak...

Just discovered a small leak on the Diff toward the shaft side. read the chilton manual and is kinda of confusing.... I wanted to know if i should leave it to a Pro or is it something a novice can handle....Have any of you guys had this problem and what did you do? was it easy or a pain in the...
  14. C

Third brake light not working...

U know that third brake light on the back door that opens up. Well mine is not working at all and i can't figure out how to take it off without braking it. anyone know how to do it? i think the bulb needs to be replaced... :bounce:
  15. C

drbob's idea...?

I have an explorer with about 110,000 miles on it and am thinking of changing the transmission fluid myslef, (fluid has never been changed) I want to do the whole fluid not just the pan and filter. So, having that little itch on my head i came across a website that seems to be very popular with...
  16. C

Need to find Explorer '96 parts.

Hello, fairly new to this site. I have a problem finding a drivers side electric mirror on the net for my explorer '96 any one know where i can get one cheap. i've found some but are about 100 bucks. plus i want to put an exhaust. one that i can get the most bang for the buck. thanx for the help
Back