Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

2007 Explorer grinding noise

Well it ended up being the front differential. Got a used one installed, $810.
  2. W

Driver side CV-Joint

C clip is on it and I got it in there where it was tight backed out of garage made about 10 feet POS came out again.
  3. W

Driver side CV-Joint

It was on when I put it in, i will have to re-check. My worry is that the gears are stripped in there as before the last cv-joint exploded we had a whining noise coming from the front. And sorry for not using the correct terminology but I figured someone would understand what I meant..
  4. W

Driver side CV-Joint

So i had a thread recently about the sound of metal grinding. Replaced the brake calipers, brake pads, rotors and new wheel bearings on both driver and passenger side. Well the driver side cv-joint ended up exploding just down the road from my house. Put a new one in and i feel like its not...
  5. W

2007 Explorer grinding noise

Bought my wife a 2007 Ford Explorer, it’s got 151,x.. miles on it. It had a horrible grinding noise all the time I ended up changing both front calibers thinking it was a stuck brake. The passenger side caliber did have a broken piston ring. But the noise is still there it’s when your above...
  6. W

Flip Headers?

Would i be able to buy Headers for the v8 5.0 and flip them over to run out hood? I've turned my explorer into a mudder, I don't want to run them out of the hood but seems sensible for mudding.
  7. W

99 Exploder 5.0 Gone Mudding?

Will look into that swap. Went mudding friday and had some issues, home made snorkel let loose and maf sensor kept messing with us.. Last night we did the 3" body lift, gonna do torsion twist today. Then back to Yankee Lake this friday night.
  8. W

99 Exploder 5.0 Gone Mudding?

So today will be the official last day the explorer will be on the road. It's rusting in several spots and now it's just getting to be a pain to work on. So with that being said it's time to lift it and get some mud diggers on it :D It's got the v8 with close to 208k on it, still runs strong...
  9. W

slight leak at thermostat

Sorry to jump in your thread, I was replacing thermostat and noticed it wouldn't stop leaking so i tightened the bolts just a tad more and ended up cracking my thermostat housing :( No one in my area has any in stock for the v8. Not even summit racing carries one and they usually carry whatever...
  10. W

Lock/Ignition Cylinder

I've gone threw 10 threads of it. Read it understand it don't need it. Delete or lock thread please, after 2 days of searching found them
  11. W

Lock/Ignition Cylinder

Long story short lost keys. Please no "not smart to have one key" or "keep looking" comments away. Is there a way i can find the code on like the ignition cylinder? I want to make this cheap as it's the day after christmas and i'd rather not spend $230 to get another key. Thanks.
  12. W

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

What size tubing do you guys use for your bumpers? Looking at pricing.
  13. W

99 Explorer 5.0 Options

So the body of my wifes explorer is still in good condition and it's been a champion so far. It has 203,x.. miles, oil looks good when we do oil changes but I find myself putting a quart or two in before next oil change. I'd like to make this explorer to look aggressive with a lift and big...
  14. W

Worst stuck pic thread

Excavator came and pulled me out, glad they only live right up the road.. Was trying to move a trailer around to park it how i wanted it and well you see what happened.
  15. W

compression test how to?

Thank you so much and i'm going to wait til I find one of those remote cranks that way I don't have to have two people.
  16. W

compression test how to?

i've got a compression test kit i bought 2 years ago. used it once on a mk4 Jetta lol.. Haven't really found a DIY on it, do i need to pull any fuses so the fuel pump doesn't start while i'm testing compression? Don't wanna pay want to learn. If compression numbers come out good possibly...
  17. W

HE Performance headers

Damn, he does custom fabricating i might see if he can come up with something.
  18. W

HE Performance headers

http://www.heperformance.com/fab_parts/customer_details.php?customer=R5Y76VN&album_name=SS V8 headers for a ford ranger swap This company made these headers for a ranger swap, although I don't know what year they are for. But would these work for a 99 v8 explorer?
  19. W

Another misfire thread 5.0L

For the past couple weeks on and off the explorer will misfire sometimes its slight others its hard. P0305 comes up which is cylinder 5 misfire, i've recently replaced plugs and wires twice. I can't find a true diagram on where cylinder 5 is on the 5.0L, The recent one i looked at was driver...
  20. W

Stroker Kit

Hmm, Guy at work said i'd be better off buying a wrecked 5.4 and trying to stuff it in the explorer. lol
  21. W

Stroker Kit

I just read a thread about stroking a 5.0L to the 347. I see american muscle has the 347 kit ( http://www.americanmuscle.com/scatstroker-347-forged-7995.html ) Pretty much the thread i read it needs to have a harmonic balancer and matching flywheel. So I'm a total newbie but i love learning i...
  22. W

Working Doops!!

Last night i was replacing the driver side upper control arm on my 99 explorer. And i had a heck of a time getting the bolts out then getting them back in was hellicious. The right side went in like a dream then the left side fell inbetween the steering buckle and inside the frame. Took me...
  23. W

U fit exhaust?

Okay cool thanks. Just going to look into a localish exhaust shop.
  24. W

U fit exhaust?

I googled and nothing came up on this. Summit has this kit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/flo-15936/overview/ flowmaster header back kit. Wanting to replace the exhaust on my 99 5.0 AWD obviously i will need some cats and i already have the mufflers. Anyone run it?
  25. W

My 99 5.0

Got a 99 explorer with AWD and ofcourse the 302. We picked it up almost a month ago, 192,x.. miles on it. Runs pretty decent needs shocks, rotors and brakes and upper control arms. Future plans to possibly tear into the motor to get it refreshed. Would like to supercharge it which is where I...
Back