Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I guess I will toss my hat in this ring, '14 Sport with 36,500 miles, only 2.5 years old and just found a bunch of rust spot on the front edge of the hood this Sunday. From what I am reading, doesn't sound like there is much I can do since I am out of the 3yr/36k? Any advise? The paint has...
  2. A

Driver's mirror wind whistle

Does FordService still use these forums? My Dealer just told me that since they can't hear the mirror whistle with the window up it isn't a warrantable issue. I tried PM'ing them but haven't heard back yet... (I realize this thread is a bit old, but still having this issue...)
  3. A

Gas Spillage.

You can't top it up due to the capless system. At least that is what my dealer told me..
  4. A

Question about tow package

Apparently Ford is referring to the factory installed hitch as the Heavy Duty Tow Package? http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/14_Explorer_Sep11.pdf But reading that just makes me more confused. Can my Sport tow 5000 lbs with the Factory tow package?
  5. A

Driver's mirror wind whistle

Guess I will toss my hat in here as well, my Driver's side mirror whistles as well, same as everybody is describing.
  6. A

3 Month Update and Review.

My 2-week old Explorer has the same issue with the seals on the rear doors. Only issue I have had thus far... Perhaps the Ford rep can pop in and offer us some insight as it appears to be a wide spread issue! Ben
  7. A

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

I installed mine yesterday and also had a red cord coming from them. I didn't have any problems with the install after reversing the polarity, I think. I reversed one it worked, than swore I didn't reverse another and than they both worked. I wasn't even drinking and it seemed a bit weird it...
  8. A

interceptor grille....new oem grille ?

I would be careful hacking up a grille that the Ford engineers put some thought into. Overcooling an engine can be just as harmful performance wise as undercooling. If you live in FL or AZ you might not ever have a problem, but being up North you might see some issues in winter. Ben
  9. A

Lowering the Explorer

Anybody towed with these springs yet? I plan on using the full 5000# tow rating of the Sport so am skeptical that these springs would be a good idea for me....
  10. A

Sport lug nuts and locks

Actually, here is one available on Amazon and from Gorilla. http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automotive-34-1316C-Adapter-Clampshell/dp/B001O087Y6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1395972517&sr=8-4&keywords=Gorilla+Lug+Wrench+Adapters+34-1316 Or you can order a replacement key with 3/4"...
  11. A

Sport lug nuts and locks

SOOOooooooo..... Did you notice that the standard lug nuts are 3/4"/19mm and the "key" for the locking lug nuts is 21mm/13/16"? Good thing I thought about this or could have been stranded on the side of the road! This sure won't work as is. Need to call them tomorrow and see if they make...
  12. A

How not to Install a Pin Stripe...

Thought some of you guys might like this issue I am dealing with on my new Ex Sport. The car was a dealer transfer that the dealership wouldn't transfer without a Bill of Sale, so I actually bought the car sight unseen. Nonetheless, the first thing I saw on the car when it pulled up at the...
  13. A

Swaying 2014

Was going to be my suggestion as well. Very big difference over the Limited we test drove!
  14. A

SCT X4 WITH custom tuning

Mike, Can you give a quick run down of what steps are involved in the tuning? IE. you install the SCT, datalog for a couple days, than send to Torrie for a tune? Or can you just e-mail him off the bat for a tune? This is a bit new to me, coming from a different background here (Audi and...
  15. A

Sport lug nuts and locks

I would concur, and here is a picture I took today as well... Ben
  16. A

"Explorer' Hood Letters

I had a clear bra installed on my Sport and the clear bra came cut out around the letters, so I would assume it is some what standardized. No issues with the install... Ben
  17. A

Custom Tuned the XSport yesterday

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404164
  18. A

Coolbulbs.com HID Kit Review - Explorer Sport

Any comparison to how much brighter they are than stock? I have an Audi with HID and the headlights on the Explorer are definitely lacking in comparison. I feel that I am constantly having to use the brights just to feel safe driving in the dark since I live in the country with who knows what...
  19. A

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Dropped mine off for a clear bra and tint on the front windows.
  20. A

SCT X4 WITH custom tuning

After reading the thread about the Lund tuner being locked to a certain car, can this be resold and flashed to another S/N car if/when that time comes? Thanks
  21. A

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Any chance you can post a pictures? Trying to figure out which ones to put on mine. Thanks!
Back