Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Odd Brake Rotor / System Problems

Let me start out with the fine details calipers are original and are not stuck or binding in any way. suspension is original with no leaks and I keep my tires torqued to the 100 ft lbs spec. I do switch from summer to winter rims as the seasons change. I try to not be hard on the brakes trying...
  2. R

Heater hose part number/size

Does anyone know the part number for the rear rubber heater hoses or the inside diameter of the hose? I have looked for the parts from Ford but can't seem to find them. Edit well after some research and measuring I think they are 5/8 inside diameter.
  3. R

Rear Liftgate Glass

has anyone a any experience with TYG replacement glass for the back window? what would you choose Carlite (stock window glass and new), Carlite used, or TYG Glass? reason I am replacing is because of broken lines in the defogger and broken tabs. in case you are wondering I have tried...
  4. R

brake question and suspension noise

so to start its a 2010 ford explorer v6 98k miles. here is what is happening i took the car to the dealership to diagnose my squishy breaks they came back with front brakes and rotors needed to be replaced. i decided not to have the dealership do them and did them myself. after i replaced them...
  5. R

two problems need help with ones with the brakes and another i cant figure out

Here are my two problems. lets start with the brakes. last year I changed my brakes and rotors now when I am braking lightly about to stop the brakes will make a metal on metal ting. what I think is happening is the pad is shifting up and down in the caliper. the only way I can stop the noise...
Back