Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. zhanx

Seven Days Five Trails Who is up for it?

@RockRanger you are going to film this right?
  2. zhanx

Decided to bring it back to life

gonna use this as a running log i guess. I bypassed PATS (and no I will not tell you on here how to bypass pats. @Rick would shoot me) and swap out the ECM for one out of a manual. Only code I get now is p0340 (from reading I need to check the alt and Crankshaft position sensor to resolve it)...
  3. zhanx

found my vacuum leak, line was rotted out, tomorrow i am changing all fluids. its this close to being ready for the road >----------------------------<
  4. zhanx

Cree Led Rock Lights

not quite dark out and the next is it at dusk. this is 3 leds being ran at 18.2 vdc on a buck booster. I got 57 more to add to the system. I mounted them on the body to keep the wiring tight and above the frame. I am running a few switches to change the area that is lit up. shutter speed...
  5. zhanx

Installed Powermaster 200amp Alternator

@Greg_DonWindsor. cool, I don't have the underdrive, but i also have 500 watts in amps and 3 electric fans (with two emergency backups) . etc etc and I glad to hear I should be fine. My current one is tasked as it is.
  6. zhanx

well I got a bunch of these: and they are bright. like this and wanted to know if you have tasked the alternator alot to see how it handles the load.
  7. zhanx

1999 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC Auto to Manual swap

I did the swap on mine. OHV not SOHC. I used new parts for slave cylinder and lines and used from the junkyard for everything else. I also converted to manual transfer at the time: Lesson learned after the fact: Keep all the wiring. You can find a tutorial on here to wire it up so it thinks it...
  8. zhanx

Tapping Auxiliary Lights Into Factory Fogs?

what site are those on? edit the last photo
  9. zhanx

can you report back on it? I just revived mine from the pasture and got 80a of leds for it (rock lights) would love to know if its worth it
  10. zhanx

1992 Ford Explorer 4 Wheel Drive Dome Lights will not turn off.

do more than fiddle with them, pull them out carefully (due to age) and see which one with a multi-meter does not close the switch. If you can not afford the switch just jumper them and tape them off. But really you might find corrosion in the switches and the wiring. Which makes it hard to...
  11. zhanx

Sway bar quick disconnect?

when mine was at that level, i drilled them out for pins, and yes it helped. for securing the sway bar i used cut down ratchet straps. I just tossed the rear and did the front.
  12. zhanx

had the wheels, but they sat for a long time, heck they actually still have moss on them. Ordered a ton from rock auto. new front calipers, they are setup. rear diff seal, all filters, new pads and rotors all the way around. axle seals for the front. all new shocks. Need springs in the rear but...
  13. zhanx

Its been still for a long while. I had to scrap the moss off it. The tires haven't been on it, in about 7 years (the 37s) it feels. But after a hard day of work. Its alive. Still got a lot to do on it but, its running again! (finished off the day by washing it) http://imgur.com/a/ufMS9
  14. zhanx

Let's talk steering

Rig is almost back on the road. But my steering has an insane amount of slop in it. For those that SAS'd what steering linkage from wheel to box did you go with? I know mine is worn out and needs to be replaced asap. Cheap is good because right now I have cartoon style steering. Specs: stock...
  15. zhanx

manual linkage issue

I think the old one was a 95, not sure. Been tearing my explorer down and painting it. Frame is 1/4 in primer now... hence the late response. Tomorrow I should be done with painting primer. But I still need to attach the linkage
  16. zhanx

manual linkage issue

Thanks to the sticky,
  17. zhanx

manual linkage issue

On the linkage for the manual transfer case, 2 bolts, I need the larger one of the two. It is the pivot point bolt to shift the tcase
  18. zhanx

manual linkage issue

Had to get another manual transmission, and the large bolt for the linkage is a different size with the new one. It came out of a 98 ranger. Weird I would have thought nothing would have changed. anyone know the right bolt size for it?
  19. zhanx

Need help deciding gear ratio

I have 4.56, love them but I got a v6. I would do 4.10's for your v8
  20. zhanx

Think my transfer case died

Oh my god I suck. Dropping the transmission. 2 ratchets later 6" of snow, I got 2 bolts left. I am taking my baseball home now. Swear to god my core temp is 3 Edit darn it for my will alone I deserve totm... or I need to mod more
  21. zhanx

Ended up being the transmission. Got one for 200 used. When I turn the output shaft on it, it Locks in reverse. Something broke inside I can heard it moving. Weird
  22. zhanx

Yep its 11 out and snowing. I think it's the tranny. Younger me did not care old me would have to replace. Broke stuff and frozen. 2 bolts left
  23. zhanx

What is this melted wire?

Vacuum hose.
  24. zhanx

Update: braved the snow, dropped my rear drive shaft. Tossed it in natural and it clunks in the transfer and binds in reverse
  25. zhanx

strange transmission problem grinds with load but not by hand

Just have basically the same problem. Let me know how that transfer case looks
Back