Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Whirring tranny noise?

i have a 2007 v6 with the 5r55s, i did multiple pan drops and refills on it trying to solve an issue, never used less than 5 quarts. are you sure you did the refill process correct? i’m pretty sure you have a different trans then me so i could be totally wrong
  2. T

Loud engine noise suddenly.

If you haven’t already, I would take the serpentine belt off, and briefly run the engine and see if the noise goes away. I agree with explorer_pl, it sounds like a timing chain, specifically the front one, maybe you get lucky and changing the tensioner buys you some time
  3. T

Humming not from bearings

No problem, I also had the drivers side rear bearing go twice on the same vehicle. The first time there was no hum but the rearend would Go all over the place when I went over bumps. The second time It sounded a bit like a brake squeeler Good luck
  4. T

Humming not from bearings

Have you checked the differential fluid? On my old 04 explorer, I had a Hum that I misdiagnosed as a bearing, changed the hub, it was still there, changed my front diff fluid and it went away
  5. T

Front Suspension Wobble

Jack up one front wheel and try to move the wheel holding it at 6 and 12 o clock and at 3 and 9 o clock. If there’s play at 3 and 9, take a look at your tie rod ends, if there is play in them or if the bushings are torn. If they look ok and have grease fittings I’d grease them up. If there is...
  6. T

Anyone got a part name or number for this hose

Oh yeah I just bought the hose 6 bucks they only had 33 inches so I got it for even cheaper, swapped the fittings and slapped it back on in under 20 minutes
  7. T

bad bearing like noise in front

The fluid could be low or burnt out in the transfer case
  8. T

5r55s Engagement issues

2007 4.0 xlt with the 5r55s with 134k miles I inherited this truck from my father in law, no idea on prior maintenance. When I got it they said it drove with no problems, I had to wait a month to register it so I never drove it before I started a tune up. I have changed so far the spark plugs...
  9. T

Trans Fluid Age

At least 5, I just did mine and i pumped in 6 1/4 quarts before it started to leak through the adapter, about a quart came back out. I initially did 5 quarts but when I pulled the adapater nothing came out.
  10. T

Slight shake after extensive tune up

I just had this happen after a tune up the line from the purge valve to the intake, to replace get 36” of 3/8 fuel hose it’s 7 bucks at advance auto, another lesson I learned from gremlins after the tune up was the throttle position connector wires losing their insulation just like the link above
  11. T

5r55s issue refilling after dropping pan

Yeah the extra 3 quarts I had were supposed to go into the transfer case, once I get more I’ll be changing that fluid as well
  12. T

Put 3 more quarts in just to be safe, came out in a steady stream and everything else went according to plan thanks for the help
  13. T

no leaks anywhere I’m gonna throw two more quarts in and see if that gets me where I need to be at
  14. T

2007 4.0 5r55s dropped the transmission pan and changed the filter last night, went to refill it, put 5 quarts in, turned the truck on, waited 5 minutes pulled the hose off the refill adapter and only drops came out. I put another quart in and still only drops came out. I was expecting it to...
  15. T

Is this gap a problem

Before I pulled the intake to replace my fuel pressure sensor my rpms would go from 11-9 and gradually fade to 750 with the car in park. Since replacing the sensor and cleaning as much of my intake as I could my rpms now got to 950ish and drop to 750 after a minute or two
  16. T

Is this gap a problem

I usually idle between 900-1100rpm
  17. T

For 6 bucs it’s worth the try, anything is better than the current hose
  18. T

Do the ends just slide into the new hose?
  19. T

bad bearing like noise in front

How’s the differential on fluid? I had a 2004 that got low on fluid in the front diff that made a wheel bearing sound that went away when I topped off the diff
  20. T

Is this gap a problem

Was cleaning my throttle body while doing intake gaskets and the gap seemed excessive but I’ve never seen one with out an iac valve so don’t know if this normal. I can push the butterfly plate so it’s fully closed but this is it with no pressure on it
  21. T

I pulled the hose to get a better look at it and under the plastic insulation was a Part number. 4L24-9D289-BC Gas/Fuel ABG 7 10
  22. T

2007 Ford Explorer 4.0, anyone know the name for this hose that sucks fuel vapors from the canister purge valve to the intake. The outer layer of this hose crumbled off, would like to replace it but the closest I’ve come to the correct part is 5L3Z-9D289-A Not sure if that’s the correct part or...
  23. T

I Think This Explorer Belongs To A Forum Member

the wheel wells have the same look as my 2007 iron man edition
  24. T

2007 Ford Explorer limited “Ironman edition”

Yeah that’s the same blog post i came across
Back