Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

4" Superlift plus 3" bodylift on 33s Pictures

I f#ckin dig this! Bad@ss!!!
  2. T

91 sas swap

Bump for pics!!!! I want to see your fab work!
  3. T

Boost Intentions Lightning swap!

cowl hood is cool with me. Thinking bout selling lightning motor to buy an ls2 to cram in it instead...its way smaller and way stronger and makes tons of power with simple bolts ons..not to mention a hair dryer.
  4. T

8.8 IFS into an Explorer.....lets discuss this.

It would probably be easiest to cut down an expedition frame and put it under your EX, and how difficult would that be other than the obvious cutting, welding and strengthening of the frame itself?
  5. T

347 RE-Power 1996 Limited AWD

Thats all well and good, I can appreciate a logically driven decision. I guess I'm just super sentimental about cars/trucks and after reading the entire thread in one sitting the build had brown on me "came late to the show" and I was shocked to learn it was for sale and actually had sold and...
  6. T

I am kinda pissed that you gave up on it and sold it...
  7. T

01 5.0L AWD stumbles and pings - sometimes

Alson your MAF could be the culprit, dont rule it out....clean the element with a cue-tip and electronic safe solvent/alcohol. There are youtube vids...dont be scared just be careful, dont push hard be gentle. The reason i doubt its plug wires is because it didnt do it before it got wet and once...
  8. T

Project Lazyboy SAS...

To the top! Love this thread, I love how you just get **** done and don't even even give 2 ####s. Lazy looks BADASS!!!! and i'm super jelly of your plasma cnc.... I'm going to school for some sort of a CNC degree.... and advanced welding..."community college" also gonna take some math so as in...
  9. T

rjcooperss396 V6 to V8 Swap

That's why I love Montana...no inspection no certifications no smog checks, nothin!!!
  10. T

302+M5OD+4406=21MPG and :)!

. . . To the the OP man that setup is rad! I'm envious, my 4r55 **** the band and dropped guts into the pan last week so I'm swapping in an m5. This summer will be an SAS happening along with a 5 liter swap backed by a zf and np205! I'm so excited and reading about your rig is motivating! The...
  11. T

Google it. It isn't hard to find, the lightning bolt is a lightning rear end shortened, lightning tranny, motor and custom headers built in house by svt, the firewall is cut and moved, and custom motor mounts were made in house, the goal was to build a performance ranger using off the shelf...
  12. T

well the ford lightning bolt is a ranger with a lightning motor in it built by svt and it doesn't have a body lift but it is lowered 2 inches and they modified the front suspension. I'm not sure what they did but the point is they did it with out notching the frame and they used a stock height...
  13. T

It won't be a DD just a fun wagon...
  14. T

Well I did some snooping and custom headers are a duh, and firewall fab is a must and obviously mounts, but other than that it should fit. The coil buckets can be moved down if that becomes an issue as it will get lifted anyways. I'm not cutting up my 60k mile mint 95GT. If I were to do anything...
  15. T

OK guys has anyone ever heard of or seen a 2nd gen Lightning motor stuffed into a 2nd gen Ex or even 1st gen Ex? I'll give you a quick run down of the end goal. 1st gen frame swapped under my 2nd gen for ease of stock width SAS, but that leaves the 4.0 and well lets be serious...I don't want a...
  16. T

Will a stock 5.0 handle a 200+hp shot of Nitrous?

FALSE the proof is in the bottle http://www.airflowresearch.com/articles/article020/A20-P1.htm
  17. T

5.0 Long tube header build

looking good! I am curious to see how they turn out? I am looking through all the header threads I can find as I am not satisfied with settling for TMs. The primaries are to small for my build and the quality may very well be exceptional however 800 bucks for a set of headers that are...
  18. T

It sounds like heaven man!!! Sweet build!
  19. T

1st gen frame swap into 2nd gen for SAS?

I guess the URL posted.
  20. T

1st gen frame swap into 2nd gen for SAS?

There is a guy that has a 97 sas sport with a 92 frame using the James Duff stuff and a 5.0 swap. Anybody know this guy, his name is Brad B. don't want to throw his last name out there but I was looking for a build thread on his rig. I want to do basically the exact build but only with an 01 v8...
  21. T

5.0 egr removal

and as for the federal law...well they can blow me
  22. T

5.0 egr removal

well I will be getting the handheld anyway as I have AFR heads and Trick flow intake "basically the stuff in my signature on my mustang will be going into the 01 v8 eddy where applicable" so I will need the handheld anyway but I want to delete the EGR to clean up the engine bay and keep the...
  23. T

5.0 egr removal

how will it cost more? what is needed to complete such a task without negative side effects? Would a hand held tuner such as the one sct makes have enough ability to manipulate the ECU. is there a write up on this?
  24. T

5.0 egr removal

ok so doing an EGR delete ill require some ECU trickery will it not?
  25. T

any tips on swaping a 95 4.0 with a 96 4.0??

the 96 ecu will acknowledge the 95 sensor and vise versa. they are both 3 wire magnetic pickup i did it to mine "95 ecu 96 sensor" it works fine
Back