Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How to: SOHC V6 Rear Cassette Replacement

Thank You
  2. A

How to: SOHC V6 Rear Cassette Replacement

Jackshaft plug I LOVE this step by step. Now where did you find the jackshaft plug ? I should note this is from a 1998 4x4 v6 4.0L sohc
  3. A

Solved SOHC V6 Timing Chain Related PNs

Has anyone used Sealed Power Timing Chain kits for the front and rear 4.0L SOHC? They look like they are built tough but also expensive.
  4. A

2002 ford explorer will not start

Great! I will start there. Everything I have read about this issue it appears the fuel pump is a good indicator.
  5. A

Once it starts it runs fine. Yesterday morning it wouldn't start. Cam back to it later and it took several turning overs and it fired up. Then checked it in the afternoon and it fired right up. This morning fired right up. That may be good for a month or so and then it won't start again...
  6. A

intermittent-no start

I also have this problem, however I did not notice the no odometer display. I was wondering if it was electrical or fuel pump or both. I do have issues with door locks and such and maybe it is possible that has something to do with it. I sure hope we get some answers or things to check here :)
  7. A

My 2002 is doing the same thing. It happen once the other day to my daughter. I go in the car and it worked fine. Again this morning it wouldn't start again. Is it possible the fuel pump was going out so it would work intermittently? I thought when they went out they went out. :)
  8. A

Door Lock Problem

Thanks Bob! Next on my chores is to remove engine in 98 4x4 and rebuild it.
  9. A

Door Lock Problem

Door Ajar light, lock/unlock not working driver door I have a strange situation. My daughter just purchased a 2002 4x4 XLS and the Door Ajar light is on and the driver door lock/unlock switch does not work, nor does the mirror switch. All the other door lock switches work for U/L including the...
  10. A

1996 Ignition Lock Cylinder replace

I have the same question for a 1998. I hope someone has an answer.
  11. A

Late shift out of 1st gear

PROBLEM SOLVED! Loose trans cable bracket... go figure
  12. A

Does anybody out there have a clue as to why the tranny works fine when cold but once warmed up (about 20 miles or so) it starts acting up?
  13. A

I have a similar issue. New rebuilt 5R55E. Works fine when cold, but when it warms up to normal operating temp (engine) from a stop it holds in 1st gear until I let off the gas. Once up to normal speeds it resumes normal shifting. Works same way with O/D on or off. No flashing O/D light. I did...
Back