Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

V8 swap thread discussion

Thanks guys...and I do anticipate having some issues with fabrication of some parts...but thats what I do for fun now that I'm retired so this should be a good time....my thinking is since both vehicles are 2001, I'm hoping to just use the entire wiring harnesses and instruments out of the...
  2. O

V8 swap thread discussion

Well...here we go again....I'm about to start my swap and find all this info most helpful....I have a 2001 sport and a 2001 explorer with a 5.0...my plan is to swap everything including computer wiring, transmission and transfer case.....THEN get stupid and try to shoehorn a 408 stroker in place...
  3. O

All you need to know about keyless entry

For those with a 2001 Sport Trac like me that didn't have the keyless entry module in the dash behind the passengers air bag, I found mine in the middle of the rear wall in the area above the jack....I used my borescope camera to search for it....got my code and it actually still works...hope...
  4. O

Bent door.

Thanks fellows and Just to follow up...the door fits perfectly and all body lines align perfectly...just have to transfer the side trim to the explorer door...there is some minor difference in the molding around the glass but I'll swap that out too....a coat of paint and no one will be the...
  5. O

Bent door.

Thanks for the reply's fellows and yes I am in kentucky but I am retired so a road trip is not out of the question..it may have to wait until after the holidays though.....I bought this 2001 Sport trac and a 2001 5.0 explorer...the sport trac has a 4.0 V6 with a bad 5R55e and the explorer has a...
  6. O

Bent door.

I have a 2001 sport trac and yesterday the drivers door got hit while it was open and bent badly.....does anyone know if a door from a 2001 explorer will fit...the local junk yard does not have a sport trac....Thanks.
Back