Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Don't buy 3rd Gen with 4.0L

unbelievable So after reading through the original post and quite a few of the follow up posts I really cant understand your conclusions. Are you saying that people shouldn't buy this vehicle because It had timing issues at 200k miles? Because thats mostly what I saw. People with 200k plus...
  2. P

front differential

Thanks guys but I found one
  3. P

Solved 2001 Sport Trac - no crank

Well if you decide to continue yourself then you really need to take a meter or test light and see if you're getting power to the starter. If you know you have good power and ground to thestarter then the relays and pats and everything else is fine . I like to rule out the obvious before...
  4. P

Honestly, you'll probably break the head off that bolt if you did get enough torque on it. Maybe give this a try, clean up the bottom of the starter ear where the bolt goes in with a wire brush. Clamp a jumper cable lead on to it and the other lead to the negative side of the battery. Turn the...
  5. P

found these at the bottom of the atf pan!

Ya it looks like you broke a band. Those hold and adjust it
  6. P

My theft like was blinking the same way. Come to find out I had corrosion on my starter mounting face which caused a loss of ground. If you remove the vibration dampened thing from the axle stabilizer, the the starter is easy to get to.
  7. P

front differential

I broke 2 bolts on my front differential(2002 Sport Trac) and cannot get them out. I'm looking to just get another one with 4.10 gears that doesnt have broken bolts. let me know how much you want shipped to 48198. I have cash or 5R55e parts I can trade
  8. P

power and ground while turning the key do you have power at the starter solenoid? If you have power then i would check to see if you have a good ground.
  9. P

Please help identify this M5R1 transmission part

I have no clue but if there's a part number on it you could Google it. That's what I do when I don't want to buy dealer parts. Usually works good
  10. P

2002 ford explorer will not start

This could be a failing fuel pump but without a pressure test you woouldnt know. Example: my daughter has a jeep Cherokee. It will do a few different things including, crank without starting, stall while driving or go weeks without any issue at all. If I turn the key on and off a few...
  11. P

1993 xlt Wont start. Help!

Even if you find out that it's not a bad starter I would replace the starter now that you've hit it with a hammer. This is an old school get you home trick, not meant to repair problems. The inside of your starter is line with magnets. By smacking it with a hammer you risk cracking those magnets...
  12. P

Is it time to part with this '03 Explorer?

Everyone here has some great points. It really depends on what you need personally. I personally enjoy doing my own work for the cost savings and knowing what's been done and that it's been done right. We have a sport Trac that we've owned since New and we know we will never sell it. It...
  13. P

Post Double Din pics..

My Pioneer tron looking radio.
  14. P

Is your battery really bad?

And all of this goes well beyond what AutoZone will do for someone before they just try to sell you a battery. And then said person comes to these forums because their problem is still not fixed. I've seen it in numerous posts.
  15. P

I understand what you're saying and I would never intentionally sell someone a bad product just to make a buck. If it was up to me I would test the cores before a customer purchased another battery. By the time I got the batteries that customer was long gone. As to your point about testing...
  16. P

No it's not rocket science. I trust my 20+ years of knowledge and experience as a mechanic over the guy who has been working at AutoZone for 3 weeks or has never turned a wrench in his life But that's not the point.. The point is there are a lot of people that visit forums for answers that...
  17. P

I'm posting this as just something to think about off of first hand dealings with batteries determined to be defective by local parts stores. Don't believe everything your local parts guy tells you, and this is why: I used to work for a U-pull salvage yard here in the Detroit area. Part of...
  18. P

No Crank issue solved

So I just finished rebuilding my trans and on the first couple test drives I encounter a no crank issue. I turn the key, lights on the cluster work, radio, headlights and wipers all work. So I know its not the battery. After turning the key a few times(about 50) it starts. Shut it off at home...
  19. P

fuel pump bad ?

fuel pump is probably bad or you have a short somewhere.. amperage is building up somewhere to cause the fuse to blow. Could be the pump struggling
  20. P

2002 ford explorer will not start

you say the fuel pump is good? how do you know? did you do a pressure check? by what you described it sounds like the fuel pump or maybe a clogged filter.
  21. P

She needs attention.......project

fixed trans issue It seems that the trans issue is fixed after pulling it out I found out that the leaking issue was because the overdrive drum was not seated properly when I put the pump on. It tore up the thrust washer, bell housing gasket and seal. Now I can start on repairing my rust...
  22. P

5r55E lost drive and reverse

This is exactly what happened. Thank you for confirming. Last night I had to take a step back and think it over. It occurred to me that once I got it all together I realized I didn't put the plastic thrust washer in at all. With out even thinking about it, I pulled the pump off while the trans...
  23. P

This is exactly what happened. Thank you for confirming. Last night I had to take a step back and think it over. It occurred to me that once I got it all together I realized I didn't put the plastic thrust washer in at all. With out even thinking about it, I pulled the pump off while the trans...
  24. P

need help Found my leak but don't know why. I don't want to just replace the bad parts and hope it works. The bell housing seal melted into the pump to case gasket. The plastic spacer on the pump melted into the front drum. Anyone know why?
  25. P

She needs attention.......project

Well it looks like case gasket and bolt seals are where my leak is. Time to order parts
Back