Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

06-11 ranger mirror question

Not sure if this belongs here but I was looking at parts for the ranger last night and saw the 06+ mirrors for the ranger and was thinking with the squareness of the 1st gen explorer and the squareness of the 06+ ranger mirrors I think they would look good on a first gen. So my question was has...
  2. R

ticking noise at idle

I have a 94 Ford explorer 4x4 4.0L with A4LD. The engine is from a 92 ranger. Currently I have no codes however at idle my explorer has a light ticking like noise coming from the engine. I can't seem to figure out what it is. Any ideas? My buddies 2000 ranger 4.0L has the same noise but...
  3. R

Bronco only starts by jumping Solenoid

Ok so we have a 84 Ford Bronco II 4x4 Toyo Koygo 5 speed stick shift 2.8L. As of right now I am having problems starting the truck. You turn the key and just get a Brake light nothing else. However if I jump the starter solenoid it start right up (I always put it in the on position so no idea if...
  4. R

4.0L help

Ok guys and gals I need some help with a project we are doing involving a 4.0L V6. To get everybody to understand I will have to tell the whole story which will probably be a bit long. About a month ago I picked up a 92 ranger 4x4 4.0L and 94 Explorer 4x4 4.0L. The engine in the Explorer...
  5. R

Which wheels would you use?

Ok so as of right now we are building a 96 ranger that is going onto a 92 4x4 chassis. Now my question is this. We want to build it to be a mini replica of our 02 F250 4x4 crew cab. With the truck I got 2 sets of wheels the stock 92 wheels that are 15" and the stock 96 XLT wheels that are...
  6. R

Wiring for 99 explorer overhead console!

A few days ago I picked up a overhead console (the one that says direction, tempature, and such like that) at the junkyard from a 99 Explorer. They told me $10 but wouldn't let me tear apart the dash to get the entire harness and all. So I ended up cutting it as long as I could. I am...
  7. R

Tornado Our 96/92 and who knows what Ranger Build thread

Ok so about a week and a half ago I picked up my 94 Explorer 4x4 4.0L V6 along with a 92 Ranger 4x4 4.0L. The ranger has no tittle but ran and drove. Supposedly the engine was locked up in my 94 explorer turned out to be the starter but I had swapped engines by then. So after finding out it is...
  8. R

Blue thunder our 84 Bronco 2

Ok so Blue thunder has been with us since 2011. When my dad went to go look for some tools he saw off to the side a Bronco 2 sitting their so sad he had to ask about it. We had just lot our 84 Bronco 2 4x4 with a perfect body due to a house fire. So when he asked the price of the Bronco 2 just...
  9. R

My 94 Explorer BLIZZARD

Well I mine as well enter my 94 explorer into the registry. So in January of 2014 I got my 88 F150 4x4 running and started driving it without thinking twice. 2 days before my 18th birthday (birthday is the 30th) it threw a rod. I pulled it home and parked it but I knew I was going to have...
  10. R

need urgent help fast!!! CAM POS SENSOR

I need to know really quick if the cam position sensor needs the red line through the glass between the small line and big line. Sorry for a rush thing I am trying to understand this without a chiltions manual right now. If needed I have a 94 Ford Explorer that I am putting a 92 ranger...
  11. R

Blizzard my 94 Explorer Build

Ok so I just joined but I love build threads and I have had a hard time finding some on here so figured I would start my build thread for my 94 Explorer. If anybody else has a build thread post a link to it. Also if this is the wrong spot for this I am sorry mods and such if possible can you...
  12. R

Just a little info I found out while doing my engine swap!

Figured I would let people know about this before somebody goes through the trouble like I did. Recently I bought a 94 Explorer 4x4 4.0L with a bad engine. The thing came with a parts truck (92 ranger) I got the engine from the parts truck into the explorer and turns out the belt routing is...
  13. R

New Explorer guy from AZ

Well I am part of many forums and have been looking around this one for a while but never really had a reason to join. Well last night I got my reason. Drug home a 94 Explorer 4x4 4.0L V6 with perfect interior and exterior. It has a few quirks but not bad. I also have an 84 Bronco 2 4x4 2.8L...
Back