Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

New sXc Decals.

Where can we order these decals from?
  2. S

Add aux input to 98 X stereo

I don't know how to post pictures as I'm not Elite..
  3. S

Aux input on OEM radio

I believe usb is digital correct? An aux is analog so I think the process would be very different
  4. S

Add aux input to 98 X stereo

Hello everyone, this is gonna be a short write up on adding an aux input onto an oem stereo... I did this with a 98 stereo that has just a CD player and does not have a cd changer input or tape deck. I believe this stereo is almost identical to a few years of Ford stereos. First off take your...
  5. S

Tapping into tape deck for AUX on Mach Radio

This is about the tape deck but last night I soldered an aux input onto my cd pcb. I just put a cd with a silent track in and then play whatever I want. The CD player still works and it sounds equal in quality to the radio and normal CDs. I'm not sure if you're situation is similar but if so let...
  6. S

Aux input on OEM radio

Added aux input to the circuit board of my OEM radio. I do not have the cd changer connector. It's as simple as tearing apart the radio and soldering two wires into the correct spot. I've seen many instructables and YouTube videos for similar procedures but never specifically for a 98 X. Maybe a...
  7. S

Noise while idling

That actually makes sense since I just started using ac again in the past few weeks and hadn't heard it until about the same time. Thanks I'll check it later today and let you know if you're correct
  8. S

Noise while idling

Please help, While idling my 98 xlt makes a click click noise every six second or so. It sounds like metal on metal... Like taking a lid off a pan and then putting it back on. I'm just wondering what that is so if I need to address it I can. If anyone has any ideas that would be helpful thanks.
  9. S

Introduction

Oh, and how do you post pictures on here?
  10. S

Introduction

Hello anyone, Just figured I'd finally introduce myself in here. I own a 98 red xlt, her names Dora. I used threads on this site to fix her twice and decided to register and do some more research. I'm currently in the Army but I call Idaho home. I'm hoping to work on the truck so I can take her...
Back