Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

'07 Sport Trac 4.6l 3v lifter pump up

Are you certain it's not a slight exhaust manifold leak instead of valve lash? It's fairly common on the V8...
  2. E

Cooling System Issue

Mine had a leak from the crossover tube that runs under the intake. The dealer replaced the water pump..then radiator before finally finding the real leak. The intake has to be removed so it was quite an expensive repair..
  3. E

A/c problem

Just got this vacuum check valve off ebay and it took less than 1 min to install. Yep, that solved the problem! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  4. E

Vacuum leak in HVAC?

I've had the same problem since owning the truck...:mad:
  5. E

2007 Air conditioner cycling problem

Mine has been doing the same thing when going up hill since I've had it. Fortunately, the terrain is pretty flat here in FL except when going up long bridges. Subscribing for a fix... :)
  6. E

overheating

Check coolant reservoir (when cold). Sounds like low coolant...
  7. E

feels like it's in neutral

Check your engine coolant level..may be low
  8. E

Losing Antifreeze - No puddle?!?

On my 08 ST V8 there was a coolant leak that progressively got worse. Turned out to be the heater hose which runs under the intake back to the heater core. When the leak was minor the smell of coolant was obvious but no evidence of a leak as the hot engine would evaporate the coolant that leaked...
  9. E

07 Sport Trac Limited 2WD V8

Save your money on the intake replacement... :)
  10. E

A/C Stops Working Going Uphill

Anyone have a pic of this vacuum check valve and an exact location? My 08 ST is doing the same thing going up hills/accelerating. A part number would help as well.
  11. E

SVT Adrenalin concept vehicle

Different engines..much rather have the one sold in 2010 with the DOHC Cobra Engine!! :)
  12. E

07 Sport Trac losing acceleration

Same thing happened to mine just after I purchased it..turned out to be a low coolant issue. In my case, coolant was leaking from the crossover coolant line under the intake. Check your coolant level...
  13. E

08 ST back window seal/gasket

3M Adhesive Remover from NAPA will work fine.. http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i115/eds01lightning/untitled_zps0mafkiwh.png
  14. E

New tires and black strip on bottom

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  15. E

Plasti Dipped my keypad

16. E

I love my ST

17. E

2007 ST8 Spark Plug Success

Bookmarked for future ref..thanks!
  18. E

Just bought a 2007 ST8 - Cant use Warranty for 30?

I had a similar problem immediately after I bought (and had shipped) my 08 Limited V8 earlier this year. The coolant leak turned out to be the crossover tube that runs from the rad under the intake back to the rear of the motor. The intake had to be removed to replace..cost about a grand. The...
  19. E

Decal removal

I have found 3M Adhesive Remover to work the best in removing the residual from decals. I got it from NAPA
  20. E

Rear Bumper

If it is like my 01 Lightning rear (plastic) bumper covers they had plastic tabs that snap into holes in the bumper. IIRC though it was hard to get them off without damaging the tabs as the covers had to be pried off. Good luck
  21. E

Just got my sport trac

What, no pics.... :D Congrats on your new to you ST. I got my 08 earlier this year and love it! :thumbsup:
  22. E

I bid you a fond farewell (For Now)

We do what we have to do..good luck with the Mopar!
  23. E

Fuel delivery issue

When was the fuel filter last changed?
  24. E

Looking to get a Sport Trac

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  25. E

Looking to get a Sport Trac

Good, clean, low mileage ST's are hard to find..especially with the V8. I searched for mine for over 6 months.. had to broaden my search distance and finally found one in Mertle Beach, SC. I paid a premium price due to the exceptional condition and low mileage. Also, paid an additional 500.00...
Back