Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

97 Lifted Sport for sale!

Hey everyone! Truck is still for sale $6000.00 I just bought a suburban and really have no where to keep it. This is amazing buy for someone!
  2. J

Sorry my PM was full. The explorer is still available
  3. J

Okay It should be fixed now! Thanks man
  4. J

Lifted 97 Ford explorer sport I have a 97 Ford explorer sport that I'm looking to sell. I hate to sell but I have a 2 year old son. So I bought "family Cars" bought a 09 pontiac G8 and a 08 TL. Plus my work is always giving me vehicles to drive . I never drive it I pretty much rebuilt the whole...
  5. J

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Thanks for the kind words! They charged me $320 to do both bumpers and all the sport trim. Granted I took everything off and took it to them. ALso replaced all the 66 clips that hold the trim. I love the way line x looks and texture. They are currently doing my rack and roof rail as we speak...
  6. J

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

My 97 sport Updated pictures after having bumpers and trim done by Line X
  7. J

5r55e No auto shift out of 1st

Foward sprag could be the problem>>> it holds in 1-4 gears and overruns 5.. Manual 1-2 will still work...
  8. J

97 4.0 sohc 5r55e p1762 o/d clutch and foward sprag Failure

Hey guys i was getting a delayed 1-2 shift and intermentient o/d... set p1762. Removed valve body lock for the blown gasket, measuring resistance to shift, epc and tcc solenoids. Found nothing wrong. Reassembled and found condition still there? disassembled entire transmission assembly to find...
  9. J

I made a cb antenna tail light bracket... Turned out good! PICS

nothing special.... cut-off wheel to get shape.... as far as square holes... that took a while. I had to drill a hole in the center then take a jig saw to remove must of the material then vile by hand... go the bent by sticking in the vise and putting a adjustable wrench on the other end... and...
  10. J

I made a cb antenna tail light bracket... Turned out good! PICS

I went to lowes and bought 1/8" angle stainless steel. In about 3 hours I had this.... turned out great i think?? I still gotta get a antenna.
  11. J

4.0 Sohc Rebuild In Progess! Pics

Well I got all parts 5% over cost... Cuz I'm really good friends with the part guys here. How much of a differance was there in price.
  12. J

Frame protection? To undercoat, paint, por 15, or bed lining.

Well, I still got engine out of my explorer.... to overhaul (thread of overhauling.) http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195277 I also removed all the suspension and superlift lift kit. I found a couple of things wrong when i got looking when I pulled the engine out. The...
  13. J

Cost of rebuild Cost of the rebuild: Machine shop.......................................................$220.00 (Decking Block and heads, valve job, pressure testing) Rebuild kit (Bearings, rings, full gasket set)................$470.00 Oil...
  14. J

Engine out, now what. Advice Please

Looks good man! I just rebuilt a 4.0 sohc... how much power you looking at? here my post: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195277 Jamie
  15. J

Thanks CDW6212R!
  16. J

Ford part number F77Z-6C341-AA is the spacer between oil pump idler gear and sprocket. I ordered it all ready.... :-) both the tentensor and guides are different on both sides...
  17. J

Does anyone happen to know the ford part # for the rear jackshaft plug??? Ford parts man cannot find it? I might just get a regular 1 1/2" core plug and put in it.... Thanks Jamie
  18. J

Engine Assembled!!! Pictures Engine assembled... hope to get it back in the explorer next weekend!
  19. J

No I could not find aftermarket cams themselves. supersixmotorsports.com sells regrind cams but they required with there stage 3 heads. You should be able to get close to that. As far as california emissions I don't know alot about it. If you install simple bolt ons intake, exhaust, electric...
  20. J

Rear Jackshaft Bolt

If you are talking about the the spocket on the right hand side cam... its reverse thread... The sprocket on the jackshaft itself is regular thread and wasn't to bad for me to get off... hold the front inverse torx bolt with a wrench... the rear should break lose first... Jamie
  21. J

Well i think i found the bearings for the balance shaft through sealed power. I hope they are talking about the balance shaft rather than the jack shaft. They were $25.00 we will see when they come in. I hope so... it will save me lots of $$$$$.
  22. J

special tool kit to set up the timing. Holding tools used to hold crank and cams in place and a tool to hold chain guides tight during the timing process...
  23. J

Does anyone know if they sell just the bearings for the balance shaft... They have alittle play in them. Ford only sells the balance shaft assembly. Someone told me that sealed power sold the bearings and th bushing... I cannot find any info on it online...Thanks for any info. Jamie
Back