Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

2004 explorer service engine soon light on

I have the same problem with the "service engine soon light". Went to Autozone and they scanned that is was the EGR valve. He scanned 3 x's to make sure and the computer gave him the same reading. I changed the EGR valve with factory EGR valve and had the computer reset. I drove the car to...
  2. G

HELP!!Break lights will not turn off!!!

I have the same problem. I will park the car and the brake lights will stay on. I have to go back in the car and press the brake. Once i press the brake, the brake lights go off. So now, once I shut off the car, i have to press the brakes a few times to make sure the brake lights do not stay...
  3. G

Reverse Sensing System (RSS) Issue

I have the same issue. Light stays on (meaning automatically shutting offf) but no sound. Every once in a while i get a faint sound for like 2 seconds but nothing else. Always shuts off in reverse and even if i turn it on manually it still does not work. How do we troubleshoot this issue...
  4. G

Ticking sound above the driver's side rear tire?

I have the same noise but it sounds like it is clicking after i let go of the brakes but the brake has plenty of meat on it. Also, if this part you re referring to is the problem, are there any symptoms that i would notice like heating problems. My heat takes a while to heat up. Could...
  5. G

Factory security system and remote starrt

What is the aftermarket system called?
  6. G

Factory security system and remote starrt

Did anyone ever use or instal the "Design Tech 25522 Add-on Remote Starter" on this web page http://www.powercallsirens.com/designtech.htm or any other add on remote starter that uses the existing factory remote?
  7. G

Parking System Keeps Shutting Off in Reverse

Thanks gijoecam. I appreciate it. I will check into to it in the next few weekends when it gets warmer here in philly. Where did you get all of this information in a haynes manual?
  8. G

Does anyone know where the wiring goes to and from? Also does anyone know where the speaker is located? Thanks.
  9. G

No Heat

My temp gauge is normal and goes to half way about 5-7 minutes into my drive. I turn the heat on and it is slightly warm. It takes about a 1/2 hour for the heater to be hot. Do i need to change the thermostat or is it a heater core problem. Thanks.
  10. G

My explorer does the same thing. Keeps going off when in revese. If i press the button to turn on, once i place in reverse it goes off again. Any help will be greatful. Thanks.
  11. G

Rear Window Wiper Fluid No Longer Works

I have a 2002 Explorer XLT. My rear wiper fluid worked great a month ago until I ran out of fluid. I refilled the fluid tank and then it did not work any longer. When I turn the switch to get fluid I hear the motor but no fluid comes out. Has anyone had this same problem and corrected it...
  12. G

Grey Trim Area On Explorer

nerdboy666 I have the same color explorer as rsxracer192. I was thinking about painting the trims as well. I am assuming you took the trim off the wheel well and doors, painted and then reinstalled them. How hard were they to remove? How hard where they to reinstal? If you had them...
  13. G

A/C system dead?

My AC was recently recharged and checked for leaks. No leaks. The AC works for about 10 to 15 minutes and then the compressor cuts off and does not come back on again. I try turning off and then back on and it does not work. After a few hours it works again for the same period of time and...
  14. G

Shifting from Reverse to Drive....CLANK....????

O.K. I will try doing it this weekend. Thanks.
  15. G

Shifting from Reverse to Drive....CLANK....????

My car is doing the same thing. Has anyone found a fix for this problem?
  16. G

Trannsfer case not engaging 4 High,, (more),,,

My four wheel drive will not engage any longer. I turned it on the other night for a few blocks to get the gears in shape for winter and it worked fine. I tried to engage it the other day and now it will not work any longer. When i hit the button, I hear the low clicking sound from the rear...
  17. G

Doh! I think its the ball joints...

I have stcok. What is the spec dana 28 Axle? Is there any special tools neede to change them? Is it a pretty easy job?
  18. G

Doh! I think its the ball joints...

How much does it cost to replace the ball joints if you go to a shop? (parts and labor)
  19. G

Tachometer

My tach does the same thing. Has anyone replaced the tach? If so, how much does it cost and how long does it take to fix?
  20. G

Fuel Pump Float AGAIN

135,000 miles.
  21. G

Fuel Pump Float AGAIN

My fuel pump float went yesterday (second time in a year and a half). The gauge was going up and down like before. Instead of doing all of that work to replace a stupid float for a second time or looking at the mileage counter all of time, is there something easier and safer (running out of...
  22. G

Missing while idling & bad emissions sounds

I have 130,000 miles on my truck. I do mostly stop and go on the expressway going to work during the week. I have been using 87 octane gas for a while now because of gas prices and the pigging continued. This past weekend I put in 93 octane and the pinging was resolved. Could it be a gas...
  23. G

Missing while idling & bad emissions sounds

I have the same problem. I thought it was the cat as well so I changed it about a month ago but it still sounds as if i have a huge hole somewhere underneath the engine. I do not know what that sound is. Everything underneath is in great shape. I also have BAD PINGING problems that do...
  24. G

Fuel Gauge Light

I have a '92 EB Explorer and the other night i ran out (first time since I bought the truck five years ago) of gas but no warning light appeared. I was wondering if my warning light was out or even if the truck has one? If not, is there any warning light accessory that can be added? Thanks.
Back