Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Weird Key Issue (No Key Detected, No Remote Start)

Same issues with my 2013 Limited. Intelligent Access fob does not work at all except in the emergency pocket. I've been driving around with the fob in the pocket for several years and it just stays there all the time. If and when I have to lock the car (rarely), I have to use the emergency key...
  2. D

How to: Step-by-step water pump replacement

Thanks for this great thread. I had this job done by my Ford dealership, and it has been a nightmare. I had to take my Ex to an independent shop to get the fuel leak repaired. Now, it appears that my engine is losing oil rapidly (appx 1 qt every 2 wx or so) after this job was done. Is there a...
  3. D

Thank you for the reply, that's exactly where the leak is. Where the high pressure hard line connects to the rails. I don't see any fasteners here; how does this come apart? Does it just press fit with an O-ring?
  4. D

Great thread! Has anyone had a problem with fuel leak after doing this job? I'm suspecting injector o-rings.
  5. D

Intermittent No Cabin Heat Problem

I’ll check to make sure I didn’t lose coolant into the lube system, but my heat is fixed! Added about 1/2 gallon of 50/50 to the reservoir and followed the burp procedure outlined in the video. Heat!
  6. D

So, I checked my coolant reservoir, COLD, this morning. It was empty. Yeah. I think I'm getting warm. Will get a gallon of 50/50 this afternoon and fill it, burp it, and then see where I am.
  7. D

I'm having a very similar problem, hoping I can get some troubleshooting and advice for my 2013 Limited. I recently had the Ex at the dealership for some routine maintenance, and they did a coolant replacement. She has about 130,000 miles, so yeah, that was due. Shortly after, I started...
  8. D

Arctic Freeze in your Fifth Generation??

Anybody used Arctic Freeze R134A recharge kit on your fifth gen? How were your results?
  9. D

Rearview Camera Problems

Just want to drop my experience here. 2013 Explorer Limited, at about 100,000 miles the backup camera crapped out. I looked around for a cheap replacement on Ebay, Amazon, etc., but never trusted what I was seeing. So I purchased a replacement from fordparts.com. A good bit more expensive...
  10. D

Water Leak

Yes, thanks. I think it has a lot to do with whether you park your EX nose up or nose down. I generally park nose down. I have had water in the back before, but it's dry right now. I tested the front drains left and right and they both drain a full 16 oz of water in a matter of seconds...
  11. D

Water Leak

My 2013 is leaking for the second time. It was repaired in 2014 and yesterday morning I went out to find 2" of water standing in the passenger side footwells (front and 2nd row). So that made for an interesting morning with the shop vac. Sunroof drain tubes are flowing fine. I think it's...
  12. D

Air Conditioning Died--Suggestions?

My air conditioning suddenly stopped working a couple days ago. I did not notice any unusual issues before it quit. It was cooling well, and then all of a sudden stopped blowing cold. No noises or anything. The compressor does not even try to engage. Any ideas on things I could try to...
  13. D

2013 Explorer Limited Climate Control

First, make sure you've touched the "Auto" button and that the "Auto" light is illuminated. Second, what happens when you just put it on Auto 70 and leave it there? Third, just as an FYI, the rear HVAC is not controlled by the auto climate control, so make sure that your rear HVAC is manually...
  14. D

2016 Explorer Platinum - burning oil smell inside the cabin

If you have a burning oil smell in the cabin while the vehicle is standing still, my guess would be that you have some oil dripping from the PTU on to the exhaust manifold. I'm not able to tell much from your pictures, though.
  15. D

MFT Update V3.10

3.10 has been a little buggy for me. Sometimes when I'm in the "home" screen (screen divided into quadrants), touching the corner button to go into that function (e.g. nav, hvac, phone, entertainment) doesn't work.
  16. D

Anyone ever just hung new brake pads

Yes, lots of times, on vehicles other than the Explorer, and have never regretted it a bit. On my Ex, if memory serves me right, I needed new rear rotors at about 90,000 miles but the fronts just got a light turning with new pads and are doing fine at about 110,000 miles.
  17. D

A10 SD card for navigation

If you guys get the A10 card, could I buy your A9 off you cheap?
  18. D

MFT Update V3.10

Update from 3.08.x.. to 3.10 successful on my 2013 Ex Limited!
  19. D

Factory remote start issue

I believe there is a connection between the TPMS and keyfob functions. I think they share a radio receiver/antenna. BB5Z-15K602-L.
  20. D

Key fobs not working - apparent fix

So..before I self-install this part (BB5Z-15K602-L). Does anybody know if it needs to be programmed to the vehicle or keys, or is it just plug and play? Thinking I might just let the dealership install this thing.
  21. D

Key fobs not working - apparent fix

I ordered my BB5Z-15K602-L today, will update if it resolves my key fob issues!
  22. D

2018 Platinum starts without key

Sounds like there is a fob inside the Explorer. Have you checked the pocket inside the center console? I'm also thinking that the doors should refuse to lock (or stay locked) with a fob inside the vehicle. Try moving the "known" fob far, far, far away from the Explorer so that it can't...
  23. D

2015 Explorer vibration

I suspect a driveshaft fault, but hard to say with just this little bit of information. Is your Ex AWD?
  24. D

enough doom and gloom, lets hear some high mileage, reliable 5th gen. stories.

2013 Limited AWD... naturally aspirated V-6 engine without tow/haul. 105,000 miles with no major repairs. I even got 70,000 miles out of the original tires, and 100,000 miles on the original brake pads and rotors. This vehicle has been far more reliable, and cheaper to operate, than our Honda...
Back