Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Going to the dark side.

I will soon be the owner of 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid. First time (in over 50 years) that I will have a vehicle that is not from the big three. While my 2014 XLT has been good and very reliable the "goofy" things that Ford did with the internal water pump and a PTU that doesn't have...
  2. B

muffler

Need to replace the two muffler's on our 2014 3.5 liter. Anyone use the Walker stainless steel units that rock Auto sells? Even though the entire ystem is welded it looks like the Walker units has a larger /necked up inlet that would allow the muffler inlet pipe to slide over the the exhaust...
  3. B

Glove box door removal

Has anyone replaced the glove box door? The retaining wire broke on ours so when it opened it overextended breaking the two end clips. The middle three are just a hook that snaps on the bar but the end ones are solid with holes through them. I have found a used door but do not understand how to...
  4. B

wiper mechanism

I had a windshield replaced and during the process the wiper arms under the plastic cowling were broken. I did not find it until a day or two later when I turned the wipers on and they worked but clunked loudly. Went back to Safelite and the Manager knew exactly what happened, said it's not...
  5. B

climate control

2014 Explorer with dual temperature controls. I get no heat on the passenger side of the vehicle, I assume the problem is a faulty actuator. I think the blend door actuator is accessible by taking out the glove compartment. Anyone know if this particular actuator is the one that if faulty would...
  6. B

Struts

Planning on replacing the front struts on our 2014 AWD, 85,000 miles. Rock Auto has quick struts, both Monroe and Gabriel + what I assume are imports. I have read some bad reviews about quick struts changing the ride height and also giving a harsher ride. Anyone have any personal experience...
  7. B

fan resistor

I have lost two or three speeds on my fan, where is the resistor located.
  8. B

TPMS

I purchased a set of four Ford OEM wheels (used) to be used for dedicated snow tires on our 2014 XLT. I need to buy four TPMS sensor's which I would like to get from Rock Auto. I am trying to identify which sensors I need. I searched using the vin # at Auto Nation WBL and it shows two...
  9. B

Caliper bracket

Doing my rear brakes and after examination I thought I would replace the caliper bracket. My Ex is 4WD with heavy duty brakes. I do not find this bracket available from any parts store or Rock Auto. RA has rear heavy duty brackets but they are listed as replacement for a non-painted bracket...
  10. B

2020 wheels

I own a 2014 Ex which has 245/60/18 tires, the 2020 tires are a slightly different size. My question is, I have a set of extra wheels for my 2014, are these 18" wheels the same size as the 2020?
  11. B

Winter Tires

I have a 2014 XLT, 18" wheels, the standard tire size is 245/60-18. We spend five months in the winter in Utah where we drive the most avalanche prone road in North America, last winter we had 650" of snow. I want to buy a set of snow tires and wheels. The question I have is in 3, 4, 5, years...
  12. B

Ford knowingly sold two vehicles with faulty transmissions.

I bring this up only because of the many complaints about bubbling hoods, PTU's and water pumps. Water pumps and PTU's are a faulty design, hoods are poor workmanship. As we all know both the water pump and the PTU have had design revisions. From the Detroit Free Press, Ford knowingly sold...
  13. B

Sirius / XM no signal

I am getting a "no signal" message when I have Sirius on, however it works fine. Radio also works fine. Annoying as the "no signal" message covers a big portion of the screen blocking information. Where is the Sirius antenna and is there a way to reset?
  14. B

Coolant

I was looking at the local Advanced Auto for anti freeze / coolant. I would like to stick with the orange OEM fluid but all they had was "universal". Plenty of Dex Cool but not the Ford specific, anybody know if it is available at other than the Ford dealer?
  15. B

plastic molding

I incurred damage to the bottom of the passenger side front door. The damage appears to be just the wide black plastic panel with the chrome strip at the top. Can anyone tell me how this is held in place and any idea how much that panel costs? No idea when or how it happened. It is so low...
  16. B

BCM failure

2014 Explorer 7700 miles. While driving at 70 mph the BCM had a complete crash. All electronics went out, luckily this was not at night. Dashboard /instrument display vanished, no turn signals, no brakes or rear lights of any kind, door locks, power seats, emergency flashers etc etc. Happened...
Back