Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Power door locks lost power

yep! I switched the two big relays, and the doors lock and unlock now. Thanks! Now, on to fixin the power seat!
  2. H

Yeah. The doors used to unlock before. When I bought the car, the only unlock button that didn't work was the driver side button. All the other unlock buttons worked like the passenger side, door number pad, and keyless remote. I fixed the door unlock by re-doing the wire in the door boot...
  3. H

So, I tried what you said. I pulled all the relays, and for some reason, my lights were still on. Including the dome lights. I tried plugging each relay in one by one and it still kept shorting out on me. Also, I only have four relays and not 5 or 6. Is that bad? I figured it was the power...
  4. H

i looked at the relays in the jack compartment, but I have no way of truly knowing which relay is which unless by guessing and following the wire colors. Do you have a diagram of some sort to see which relay is which?
  5. H

I pulled the unlock relay and the fuse still shorts out. I followed the wire under the dash near the GEM and i cant see a pinched wire anywhere. I pulled the plug from the GEM and it still shorted out the fuse. I'm running out of places to look. Anyone else have an idea?
  6. H

the wiring diagram that bobflood told me to go to says that fuse #18 is for the door locks and the driver's power seat. also, I have no power on my seat either.
  7. H

I checked the relays in the jack compartment and the ones underneath the steering. Its definitely not those. I'm thinking theres a short somewhere. I havent seen any pinched wires anywhere though. Any clues?
  8. H

Hey guys. Brand new dilemma on my car. I was replacing the shift indicator bracket yesterday, and before I did, my power doors were working. Now, my doors wont work, and it wont unlock or lock on my keys or the switches. I was about to install and replace the door actuators but once i plugged in...
  9. H

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

Just did my cluster the other day. Ran into a problem with the light behind the 100mph mark. I thought it was on and when it turned dark out, it turns out that I messed up the polarity. It took me 30 minutes to re-do the lights the next day compared to the 2 and a half hours it took because of a...
  10. H

Rear cup holder + ac vent wont fit snug as a replacement?

I removed the whole console and fixed it! Turns out, the foot A/C wasn't fit snug into the funnels. Once i fixed that, the cup holder fit in snug! Thanks for the link dom!
  11. H

Rear cup holder + ac vent wont fit snug as a replacement?

Hey all, just bought a rear cupholder and ac vent so i can replace the broken one. The cupholder portion wont fit in snug into the area. Has anyone had this problem with a solution? I tried putting back the old cup holder and what not, and it wont get snug either. Really annoying problem! I've...
  12. H

Driver side door has no power/connection?

Quick story, When I bought the car, the driver side door wouldn't lock, even with the key. So I fixed it up real quick and now it locks. As it turns out, when I fixed the door lock and rolled down the window, the door lock wire was caught by the window and it unplugged the door latch wires. I...
  13. H

Well, crap. I guess I'll find out. I hadn't thought of that. Haha
  14. H

I found the cause for my broken door switch. Turns out, its not the door switch that's broken. But the ground wire connected to it was cut, and the other wire wasnt even attached, but hanging inside the door. I'll have to continue it tomorrow since i don't have time to re-splice the ground wire...
  15. H

What do I do with the door latch switch? Do I have to get it replaced or something then? Also, I should just re-do the broken wires in the bundle right?
  16. H

I just recently bought a 98 Explorer XLT. V6 RWD. The driver door seems to be non-existent to the car, power wise. When the door is opened, there's no door chime, the "Door Ajar" light doesn't turn on, the interior lights don't come on, the keypad opens all the doors BUT the driver door, the...
  17. H

Part Out 1999 Explorer Sport - very limited time before scrapping.

It's all right if we're not able to meet up soon, really. The parts aren't super important to me other than the battery tray since that one broke off in my car. Take your time though.
  18. H

Also, my car didn't come with a tire iron. Would happen to have that too?
  19. H

I don't really need the right tail light though. Some ****** decided it would be fun to break the plastic covering the left tail light side marker, so I only need that tail light. You're right about the reclining lever. It's just two bolts holding it to the seat. Pretty easy to get out once...
  20. H

Hey man! I live in Union. I got a list of parts that I need for my Explorer. Get ready though, it's a hefty list. hahah -Cup holder for rear passengers (the cup holder on the floor connected to the center arm rest, usually under the rear A/C) -Driver side door power Lock/unlock button...
Back