Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Planning a V8 swap in my 93 sport 4x4 5spd

Well here it goes - I have a 1993 sport 4x4 equipped with oem motor and suspension components, m5r1. I've rebuilt the front end minus springs, shocks, sway bar, body mounts (which I'm going to do with the lift). I had bought new progressive springs before I decided to put the v8 in, but read...
  2. X

Easiest way to remove center link from pitman arm w/o damage?

Which tool was used to get this done? Can't view the pic.. sorry for commenting on an old thread but this is no joke
  3. X

Easiest way to remove center link from pitman arm w/o damage?

Which tool was used to get this done? Can't view the pic.. sorry for commenting on an old thread but this is no joke
  4. X

Drag link removal

Which ball joint separator to use to get the drag link off of the gear box? Can't reach it with the conventional rent a tool kind and don't want to use a pickle fork. There's just too much in the way. Seems I need to use an angled one of some sort. Anyone have any experience with this?
  5. X

93 explorer sport door hinge replacement

Long story short, a few years ago my explorer rolled backwards with the door open and it bent it back slightly and bent the hinges and now the door is binding against the edge of the fender. Which years of Ford models can I take the hinges off of as a direct replacement? I'm going to have to...
  6. X

pulsating buzzing brake pedal/wobble at 40+

well im pretty much dead set on it being the radius arm bushings on the passenger side. the plastic spacer or whatever is damn near completely gone. the only piece of it thats left is deformed and brown, and the rubber pieces are also deformed. luckily the rivets are drilled from the brackets...
  7. X

so i replaced the tie rod today, nice and stiff. took it for a test drive and still have the vibration when braking but it seems to only happen going down a hill now. but no clunk. i went to lube the slide pins and noticed that the brake caliper isnt... well, how do i explain it..... it appears...
  8. X

thanks for all the information, ill definitely keep it in mind. i forgot to mention, most of the miles on the explorer are highway miles. its mostly just my traveling/hunting rig so it only sees highway and mountain side, not too many neighborhoods unless my pickup is broken. anyhow so today i...
  9. X

i have a 93 explorer sport, recently ive been feeling a wobble when braking at higher speeds. now its getting to where it will do it at around 45+. ive noticed that when im at a complete stop, i can push the pedal down and it will feel like its bottoming out at the master cylinder. like the...
  10. X

93 explorer sport vacuum leak question

I apologize for starting other threads, but i didn't know what else to do and really didn't know where else to look. I did fix it though. Bad tps. This bad one was a replacement for the old bad one. The 2 gave 2 different symptoms and the 2nd one just happened to have failed when i actually did...
  11. X

Solved o2 sensor question

Well that did it. Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up getting a new tps. Didn't like it at first but then i remembered i messed with the screw, adjusted it and its awesome. I did have to let the computer relearn it. I just drove to get gas (high idle during this, was disappointed) and drove...
  12. X

So... with the tps plugged into the harness, but removed from the throttle body its fine. As soon as i install it even with it running, it immediately starts acting up. But if i uninstall it again and put my finger into the sensor and turn it, i can make it die, run the way its supposed to, or...
  13. X

I just removed the tps from the tb (iac plugged in) but left it plugged in and it idles great and no hanging idle. With the tps removed, i just grabbed the deal the tps goes onto and twisted it. Does that mean the tps is bad?
  14. X

Idle hangs about 8 seconds when first started, about 6 between revs. Blipping the throttle doesn't change it
  15. X

With the tps completely removed .835 and 5.034
  16. X

Ok so its now at .844, and 5.034
  17. X

Ok cleaned tb, adjusted idle screw, got it down to 500 with iac unplugged. About 800 plugged in but hangs at 2k or so when i let off the pedal. Tps reads .831. The thing is, the idle screw is now backed out so its not touching.. not sure what to do now.
  18. X

Im used to dealing with holley carbs, just got out of that but now im wishing i hadn't. Do not like this tb
  19. X

Should i allow the engine to get warm before adjusting the idle screw? Voltage at tps is .841 with it disconnected from the tb and .845 with it connected. I plugged it back in and it started idling low, just enough to keep it running, low enough for the battery to stop charging at its max. Shut...
  20. X

Yup manual 5 speed. Ill try lowering the idle screw. ive never messed with it. I replaced the tps a while back, could i have installed it wrong? Maybe the knob thing the sensor spins is stuck in the open position? Would that throw off the computer or something to make it think the throttle is...
  21. X

Im taking off the hose from the canister and blowing into the throttle body. Had iac port and throttle body blocked off. I think its a vacuum leak because theres a high idle and goes pop pop pop when i coast to a stop in gear. Probably running lean i think. Would a bad cat cause high idle, or...
  22. X

Replaced iac, no change other than higher idle so i unplugged it and it idles around 1100, replaced booster no change.
  23. X

Hissing brake pedal etc

Replaced booster and rebooted the computer, no change
  24. X

Is there a way to test the upper intake manifold? Ive checked every line and they hold vacuum but when i blow into the hose connected to the nipple below the throttle body, i can feel pressure loss. Is that a sign of a bad gasket somewhere in the tb or intake?
  25. X

Hissing brake pedal etc

My 93 explorer recently had a series of vacuum leaks and im having trouble finding the last one i think. Brake pedal hisses when applied. Pedal is kinda soft and takes about 4 pumps to get it stiff when the car is off but still hisses when its as stiff as it will get, which i can still move...
Back