Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

EE 5.0L super charger kit pictures

Looks like he already fixed it. Thanks guys!
  2. W

EE 5.0L super charger kit pictures

Can you repost these please? They are all of the same picture now
  3. W

Clearing 35"s with no body lift

31s are on it now. Got a set of 35s with beadlocks for less than 2k. About 60% tread. It's on shackles, add a leaf, and TT. Also, having to run a riser hitch as is because the trailer is the whole back half of a Chevy 3500, frame and all. They just welded a tongue to it lol
  4. W

It's actually heavy. But I don't really have another vehicle to tow with.i have a mazdaspeed 6, a motorcycle, and the daily/offroad/tow mountaineer. Mazda is getting engine rebuilt and motorcycle isn't street legal yet
  5. W

Yea I'm gonna hate regearing. It's the v8 awd. 97 mountaineer. Tow a heavy mobile detailing trailer a couple times a week
  6. W

Thanks for the info Dirt!
  7. W

Is this SAS in the front or still IFS? Got 35s and beadlocks sitting I wanna put on so bad.
  8. W

Anyone buy an ebay chinese android head unit?

I just bought this one, will be trying to install it this weekend. 7Inch Android 6.0 2Din Bluetooth Car MP5 Stereo Player GPS Navi AM FM Radio | eBay
  9. W

Cruise Control issues 1997 Merc Mounty

My cruise control isn't working, no surprise there it seems. Has never worked in my ownership. Replaced the cutoff switch and still nothing. I found a post on Ford Forums Online http://www.fordforumsonline.com/threads/self-test-cruise-control-check-engine.1486/ with the cruise control self...
  10. W

HID installation problem.

Theretrofitsource.com and lightwerkz.com are the best places to get true quality products that are worth your time and money. Retrofits ounce also has a learning center on their page and yall should check out the Facebook group Headlight Junkies
  11. W

Do you have factory HID projectors? If they are halogen projectors or halogen reflectors an HID bulb won't work. It's just going to throw light everywhere. You can sometimesee get away with a halogen projector. If you don't have factory HID projectors, then you should really do a retrofit
  12. W

LED Headlight kit w/Ballast

And as far as center console message center, it shouldn't affect it no matter how you decide to do your bulbs. Worst case, if you do go LED/reflector anyways, is you may need a load resistor
  13. W

LED Headlight kit w/Ballast

Please don't drop LEDs or HIDs into a normal halogen reflector headlight housing. You will literally blind everyone that happens to be in front of you, even the ones going the same direction. If you're looking for more light do a true HID projector retrofit. LEDs will last longer but don't have...
  14. W

Door ajar light

tried to, and sprayed all latches and handles liberally with WD-40
  15. W

Door ajar light

Alright guys. Got a head scratcher here, at least for me. My door ajar light stays on any time the key is on. For a while my interior lights stayed on for an extended period of time. In my searching for an answer I found to spray all latches heavily with WD-40....done. Found to start engine...
  16. W

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

Any bench top 12v power supply should work. Or if you have an extra car battery laying around. I would think even an old computer power supply would work if you use the 12v+ outputs
  17. W

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

If it's like my 97 Mounty, there is a blue paint or film on the back side of the gauge faces themselves. White leds will give you blue guages. You don't need to remove the blue from the guage faces and in fact, you probably don't want to, its a pain. As for thermostat control area, I think it's...
  18. W

The HID Headlamp Dilemma

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you there magnetic. I've had HID setups where the bulbs move to change high/low and where the shield moves to change it. The moving shield seems more sturdy and gives a more consistent beam pattern between the two options. But that's just my...
  19. W

10,000K is extremely blue. 5500K is what I have in my 97 mounty and its almost pure white with a hint of blue. At 10.000K you're going to lose a lot of light output. The cheap kits will work, mostly. I've probably bought 6 or 7 sets of cheap HIDs over the years and they've been hit or miss on...
  20. W

No Hi- Beams

Sounds like a multifunction switch or fuse problem to me too. The multifunction switch is your turn/high beam switch on the left of the steering column. It's easy to replace and not expensive. As for reverse lights I'm not sure.
  21. W

'98 Mountaineer HID issue

I know that with my 97 mounty with retrofit Morimoto Mini H1 HIDs, I needed the Motocontrol unit to control the high/low signals without having to run extra relays or tap into any extra wires or any of that crap. You might want to look into the Motocontrol. Basically, you run power and ground to...
  22. W

How I found and fixed the Door Ajar light

Yes, it is a twist and pull socket
  23. W

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

Congrats, have fun with the mounty
  24. W

Build thread - Skyforger

Can't wait to see what happens with Skyforger II, especially since I have a 97 Merc. Will you post a link to the new thread here?
  25. W

Diamond Cut Headlight problem

Here is a stock factory headlight off of a 1997 mercury mountaineer. On the bottom of the housing there is a small hole that is then covered by a very fine mesh 'sticker.' I know on retrofitsource.com you can get Goretex 'stickers' that are I think 20mm and cover a 10mm hole to allow the...
Back