Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Hood latch/lock assembly

After a big search online I cant find this at all for a 98 explorer. all the websites have them 95 - 97, skip 98-01 and then has them for 02 and up. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you!
  2. R

im confused on this one...

damn sorry. i guess it doesnt work. here
  3. R

click on my car domain link in my signiture
  4. R

no they wont! you should buy mine instead! :)
  5. R

Should I do it myself?

i just replaced my drivers side hub assembly in my 98. took out the 3 bolts that hold it in from the back and the thing basically fell out. i was told i might need a hammer to get it out but luckily i didn't need one. I think your 03' would be the same but im not sure about that. As for the pads...
  6. R

03 just died - very weird

sounds like a bad computer. same thing happened to my buddy with his cherokee
  7. R

To Raise Or To Lower. That Is The Question..

This is simple... Lifted = girls get instantly wet. Lowered= easier for fat *****es to get in.
  8. R

Steering Boxes

Yeah thats true. I never thought of that. good call
  9. R

Steering Boxes

Thanks for the advice. this isnt going to be much more than a huge street cruiser with mild off roading. That sounds like a good setup though Ill giive it a look. after all it is the most important part!
  10. R

Steering Boxes

Which one should I get for my front coil conversion? 1st gen Ford? Toyota? special order? Im looking to run 35-37" tires. Thanks
  11. R

Got the bad news... Help please

If im low on gas and facing down hill then it will barely start. so I have to roll to level ground to fire it up. bad tank design i guess.
  12. R

Show me your Explorer

Somebody owns a JC Whitney catalog! lol
  13. R

Do you wear a seatbelt?

I hate the explorer seat belt. it is way to annoying and it tightens up as you drive, but i still wear it! I like my A4 seat belt a lot better though :)
  14. R

Question... early bronco axles or full size?

thanks guys. those pictures answered everything!
  15. R

dana 44 is a tough axle i know guys that run 38 boggers with no problems. Ford 9" rear is probably the toughest thing out there and theres no way Im going to dana 60's. I have a 4.0 not a 5.0.Again, im not building a wheeling machine...
  16. R

Im just trying to make decision. <77 complete bronco axles/steering components are hard to come by where as full size are not. Im sure someone on here has an EX with full widths. Im not really worried about legal issues unless the tires stick out way to far. Im going to take some measurements...
  17. R

Im looking to fit at least 37"s on my 4 door EX. Whats do you think looks better? Also Im pretty much doing this for the look and its not going to be a wheeling machine at least for now. Thoughts?
  18. R

03 fx4 4.0 sohc superchips???

has anyone tried the 50 dollar chip?
  19. R

Steering wheel vibration at high speeds

It could also be warped rotors
  20. R

Vibration above 60 MPH '03 explorer

sounds like a bad U joint
  21. R

Return from Big Bear

how come nobody in all these pictures air down their tires?
  22. R

Justin's 97 Sport -- "Sue"

i say lower it and buy my rims! check my sig!
  23. R

Hey anyone got some pictures of an explorer with rockstars on it?

you should buy my rims and tires and be done with it :)
  24. R

LOL sorry i read what i wrote again... I didn't mean yours is a POS!! sorry about that... but i still think they wouldn't look good. is yours lifted?
  25. R

fancy shinny rims on a gen 1 would look aweful. drive through the ghetto and check out the POS's with 26" chrome wheels and thats what your explorer will look like. way to much bling for that body style. my .02 cents
Back