Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Engine Cranks no start

HA it was the crank trigger sensor. When I checked it all looked fine, but when I checked for spark there was none. Went underneath and wiggled it and truck fired right up. So I unbolted it and the sensor feel right out, plastic was all broken. If you looked at when it was on the truck you would...
  2. T

Engine Cranks no start

Also has new spark plugs, wires and coil pack
  3. T

Engine Cranks no start

I'll try it but i did replace the fuel filter a couple of months ago. It is definitely a fuel issue I think. I did replace all the injectors as well a few months ago too as one was leaking badly and causing the engine to run rich.
  4. T

Engine Cranks no start

Fuel pump does prime, and battery is brand new bought it a few months ago. I have not tried spraying starting fluid in the intake.
  5. T

Engine Cranks no start

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer 4.0L OHV 4x4 with a Automatic transmission. I recently did a TT, add a leaf, and 3 inch body lift. Afterwards I had to replace a broken shift cable and the Range sensor failed. Replace range sensor and shift cable got it running and drove it all day with no problems...
  6. T

How to: Ford Explorer - Ranger TPS Test Procedure

So if I get 0 voltage from the TPS with key on, the sensor is bad? But I get 5.0 volts from the TPS wire harness with is disconnected from the sensor with the key on the the TPS sensor is bad right? I am just trying to figure out my no start issue and I am at the test the TPS sensor part of the...
  7. T

Broken shift Cable and No start

Yeah that was it, truck runs again. But am now faced with a new problem. O/D off light flashing and heck engine light is on:mad: I am disconnecting the battery and gonna let it sit for a few hours to try and reset the computer. If not gonna have to get it scanned for codes.
  8. T

Broken shift Cable and No start

I have searched all over and only found that the body lift causes shifting to be tight. I have a automatic transmission and after completing the body lift it would not start I went underneath and manually put the transmission in Park and it started right up took it for a drive and when I put it...
  9. T

No Start after 3 Inch Body lift

I have searched all over and only found that the body lift causes shifting to be tight. I have a automatic transmission and after completing the body lift it would not start I went underneath and manually put the transmission in Park and it started right up took it for a drive and when I put it...
  10. T

New England Explorers - Still Active?

Massachusetts here not to far from NH. There used to be some trails in Byfield MA, but Im not sure if they are still open. I havent been there since High School. I'm down for any meeting up to do some trails if you know of any.
  11. T

New England Resources

Im from the boston area, there are a ton of junk yards in the Lynn Ma area and Revere. You could get 4 door leafs from a junkyard and have the junk yard take them off the truck for you or http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/ sells 4 door leafs at a good price. Shackles are easy enough to get at any...
  12. T

Loss of Power, runs rough and funny smell

Found the problem, bad fuel injector. I am not losing coolant, the smell from the exhaust was unburned fuel. The fuel injector is dumping in too much gas causing it to run rich and have no power. Just have to wait till pay day to fix :( But no worries
  13. T

the injector on the right rear was pissing out gas last week you could smell it and see while the engine was running, thats why I replaced the o-rings. It ran fine up until yesterday right after I replaced the o-rings. First start up was fine then an hour later ran horrible.
  14. T

I just replaced lower intake manifold gasket, fuel injector o-rings and all other gaskets in the process a couple of weeks ago, she was running like a champ afterwards. Last week noticed that one of the injectors was leaking so I replaced the o-rings (and the fuel rail gasket again) this...
Back