Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

dasfinc

Great guy. He responded quickly to emails and shipped out the item quite fast.
  2. S

Alternator issue?

For starters, my car idles at 13.9v, for how long its been idling at that i dont know. I installed my supercharger but didnt have it connected. I drove it a quarter mile and noticed that my battery light came on. I then checked thinking maybe the belt was slipping on the alternator. I...
  3. S

anyone with a Powerdyne/F.M.S. kit installed

I would like to know the distance from dampner to the beginning of the supercharger pulley. I found a guy that makes pulleys and would make one that will fit right in (and larger in diameter) but he needs that measurement. -Rich
  4. S

Supercharger Bracket

I found a company that will make copies of my supercharger brackets. The only thing im wondering is how many people here would be interested in it. Right now its for a Powerdyne supercharger. I have a Procharger supercharger and could have a bracket made to accommodate the Procharger if...
  5. S

Finally found it... 96 ex supercharged

There was a guy that lived down the street from me with a supercharged explorer. I found it for sale again, when i asked him a year or two ago how much he said $16k and now i find it on craigslist and also myspace for nearly half that. Im debating going to get it, strip my explorer and put...
  6. S

95-97 Clear/Red/Clear tails

Well I did lots of seaching and didnt want to spend over $100 for something I've seen for less than $80, and getting pulled over and being told that my solid clear tail lights arnt very safe for people behind me being as the brake light isnt very bright and CA law I guess states that the light...
  7. S

I wish they had these tails 3 years ago.

Well I did some searching and assumed nothing new came to the market since my last lighting purchases for the '97 Explorer. I found that someone now makes Projector headlights, dont know if I will buy them, only the future will know. And now, new tails that I wish were around 3 years ago...
  8. S

Rear end Gears question

Would rear gears from a 00-04 mustang gt fit a 97 explorer? the Explorer rear is an 8.8 correct? p.s. whats factory gearing?
  9. S

Need a chip...

Anyone have any good suggestions? P.S. Dont say Bama, Doug doesnt do chips for Rangers or Explorers anymore (just found out today).
  10. S

Any one use/hear about Toxic Shocks?

Well I was looking through Truckin magazine, and ran across some shocks called Toxic. Now they dont make an application for Explorers but I heard Ranger shocks will work, but I am clueless on which ones will fit. Heres a link of the Ford applications/prices...
  11. S

spacing out the rear wheels

well i got some 22's a while back, and didnt notice till just recently (from a coworker) that my rear looks narrow because the tires sit deep in the wells. the front is pretty close to the lip of the fender flare (about 1" before it sits flush with the flare), and the rear has a whole long way...
  12. S

alarm shock sensor mounting location

well i was wondering where you mounted yours (pics of where would be nice) i had mine mounted to my steering shaft but ripped off when i turned too much one day, the thing worked perfectly, very sensitive (but not as much as to go off when a car passes by), it was a nice mounting location...
  13. S

want new fog lights

well im stuck on what to get, i want a fog light that will replace my original fogs (97 boxy fog light), one has yellowed, the other is fine, but i still want to replace them. i was thinking either these http://store.racinglab.com/pide12whledl.html or...
  14. S

well im assuming alarms go under this section too

Well the shock sensor for my alarm (Clifford Matrix 3.5) isnt very sensitive even at its most sensitive setting. i tried mounting it else where and nothing. when the alarm is armed you could littlerally bounce the car up and down and the alarm will not go off. you could open the door (with...
  15. S

i want to put a few mods for now in to my explorer

Procharger installed, just need a tune and an intercooled setup to finish Ill start off with saying that I have a 97 Eddie Bauer 5.0 with rear wheel drive. And right now the main thing bugging me is the loss of power at 95mph (final shift point), and the 105 speed limiter. I was wondering...
  16. S

what color to paint the explorer

heres a picture of the X now. im thinking a darker green with metalic flake... but then theres so many colors out there to choose. so then i thought: Midnight Blue Metalic Black Pearl White Metalic Orange some sort of Cameleon colors ***************** main purpose of this...
  17. S

Squeeking brakes

well i know there are threads out there about stopping it, but i was wondering if the brake pad had to be removed to use the Stop Squeek spray. i heard it could be because grease got on the brakes/rotors, but i dont want to go through the hassle of taking off the brakes again. anyone know...
  18. S

sway bar question

i was about to install my front sway bar, when i noticed there are some sort of ring stoppers to position the mount, and i was wondering if the EE front sway bar was supposed to come with the same type of metal ring stopper as the rear. its a little confusing but those of you that have...
  19. S

ignition system question

Well I'm not sure what to get MSD or NOLOGY Either way I was going to get one all the way through. I was leaning toward NOLOGY.
  20. S

The Truth on HID "kits" - The real story

heres a link http://ohhhchhittt.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1112848142
  21. S

stuck on my box...

well i dont know if i should port the box im building or have it sealed... heres a template of what im looking at... im thinking fiberglass front (i dont want a flat front, im going to curve it like a parabola), wood on the top, amps on top of the wood glassed in im just stuck on the...
  22. S

ignition wire doesnt ground after the key is out

well heres where ill start, after removing the stock JBL setup in the back (amps and everything, 3+ months ago), i taped off all the wires in the back thinking it was "just for that portion of the stereo". but soon after finding out my stereo wont turn on unless the antenna is connected, im...
  23. S

ok i was trying to make a clear third light (97 explorer)

Well like I said "trying" failed horribly, but at the same time succeeded greatly! Heres what I did,I took off the uper portion of the rear door pannel, unscrewed the black module, then unbolted the 3rd light (3 nuts hold it in from the inside), then drilled the rivets out (there are 4...
  24. S

my semi show ex

Alright I’ve decided to make a pic thread… as I have yet to have ever made one of my Explorer… this will include pictures of all the goodies I got on it. Mod list: Interior PIAA Xtreme Super White Bulbs All Around Reverse Indigo Gauges *removed* *01 sport white gauge cluster*installed*...
  25. S

making a 833 (fog) to H3

How To Put an H3 bulb on the 833 (Fog) Socket First you need to have some quick disconnects like the ones in this picture Next you need to get your original socket and get the bulb off, and you also got to get the legs of the bulb off the socket prongs and it should look like this...
Back