Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Something a little new...

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the right place for this post since I don't really ever post anything, even when I do its always been in this forum, but I got a new Daily! My Explorer's transmission decided to take a dump on me for the second time in 6 months right after spending 1800 to have...
  2. T

4th generation v6 muffler delete?

I had my Explorer straight piped for a while and it sounded super throaty and nice but the second you hopped on the highway it was unbearably loud and made me want to cut my ears off. Would not recommend unless you stay under 40mph all the time
  3. T

Blacked out eddie bauer trim and more ;)

SemiGamer, my truck does not have any fender flares other than the rolled metal. My truck was one of the first 4th gens ever made so it is barebones with no fancy trim or special features at all!
  4. T

Gear shift cable adjustment

I actually had something similar happen to me earlier this year. It turns out it was the part of the shift cable that attaches to the trans had worked its way loose from the connecting point. All I had to do was get under the truck and pop that little silver box that attaches to the shifter(for...
  5. T

Blacked out eddie bauer trim and more ;)

Honestly I have been running some cheap eBay 1.5" 5x45 $100(for all 4!) spacers paired with some loctite and proper torquing(?) for over a year now with no adjustments to them other than inspecting them periodically. They've worked 100% perfectly without any problems whatsoever. No wheel...
  6. T

Looking to put some mods on my Explorer

Yep, im scared to do anything more than an exhaust on mine. I've sunk 1200 into the trans already and im pretty sure im having coolant problems. I've blown 2 thermostat housings within a year by simply nearing redline. I love it but im not sure the thousands in repair costs down the road would...
  7. T

08 4.0 v6 exhaust question

Sorry for the super late response, I've been on trips going in and out of town and driving a different truck while I've been in town.(The 2015+ Lariat F150s are so sweet btw) But here are some exhaust clips from my "Mad Max Explorer" as my father calls it :D . The first is interior with the...
  8. T

08 4.0 v6 exhaust question

I have a Flowmaster 40 on my 4.0 and it sounds absolutely great upon a cold start and almost V8 like at low rpm. Its best at 2500rpm and a little bit louder than stock at 4000+. I'm extremely happy with it, but when i installed it i lost the awesome scream at high rpm and the crackle of it that...
  9. T

Lightbar help needed

I honestly got my LED bar off of eBay for $50 and the switch and harness for $25. It still works just as well as the day I got it around last May. This is after many hours on after countless midnight beach trips (on for hours) and trips down back roads at night. I've had no problems with any...
  10. T

Lightbar help needed

Hey that's me! Basically what I did (with 0 prior knowledge) is take off the bumper, then tap drilled 2 evenly spaced holes in the bumper reinforcement (while it is unbolted and off) where I put the brackets. I had to tear off the 2 rubber/ whatever material it is flaps that are down there to...
  11. T

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

As of right now they are 1.5" inch spacers, I would like a little more stance to it so upgrading to 2" ones would be a possibility. I'm also planning on buying some 16x8 steelies with 0 offset to replace the 16x7 stock rims that have a 44 offset, so that should help to where i don't need to add...
  12. T

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Here's some updated pics of my 06 X It's got a fairly new set of 265/70/r16 Cooper Discoverer ATPs, a 30" LED bar that I installed myself, new black headlight housings, and a cheap Pioneer head unit that has USB and AUX capabilities. I've also debadged the rear, and added a Flowmaster 40 series...
Back