Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

OBX header install

I have had mine in for a little over 2 years and haven't had any problems with them
  2. M

Vibration problem!

I had a problem like this one time turns out I needed a new u joint on the back of my driveshaft going into the rear axle
  3. M

Speedometer/ABS problem

I've been having this problem for a while now and I'm lost on what to do. Every day when I drive with my headlights on, the ABS light will come on solid and the Spedometer will bounce between 0 and 70 and the engine will stop accelerating after the speedometer passes the speed I'm actually...
  4. M

Header gasket

I wanted to see what would be best for me for my header gasket. I'm going to be safety wiring my header bolts in since they keep coming loose and I want a good gasket on there that will last me. I've read that I should use a copper one, a copper gasket and rtv, and I've read just use rtv by...
  5. M

NOVEMBER EF LOTTERY

That's awesome none of our maintenance admin dudes even wanna come out to the birds lol
  6. M

NOVEMBER EF LOTTERY

the ospreys are cool looking but I'm a 53 mech so naturally I like them more lol
  7. M

Camshaft synch squeak

So I listened to my engine while it was squeaking today with a screwdriver up to my ear and everything sounds fine, I listened to the camshaft sync, power steering pump, a/c compressor, alternator, headers on driver side, top of the intake manifold, the valve covers, and even the headers. The...
  8. M

Camshaft synch squeak

The old one is a dorman and the new one is the auto zone brand. I noticed that the shaft the gear is on could be slid up and down a noticeable bit
  9. M

Camshaft synch squeak

I'll have to use the screwdriver method tomorrow after work and let you guys know where this sound is coming from or at least the area of it
  10. M

Camshaft synch squeak

So I put my new sync in and tightened the clamp down until I felt a sharp rise in torque since I don't have a torque wrench and nothing has changed at all. Everything runs fine, just that squeak that never goes away
  11. M

Camshaft synch squeak

So I should put the new one in but not wrench down so hard on it? Does anyone know a specific torque I should use?
  12. M

Camshaft synch squeak

Yeah I took the belt out completely and ran the engine and it still squeaked the same. Just to make sure I gave each pulley a good spin to make sure it wasn't one of them. I even did the high tech water test and sprayed water on the pulleys while the engine was running and no change in sound
  13. M

Camshaft synch squeak

yeah I stuck my magnet in there and everything is solid. That crescent moon part is inside the engine it's a hollowed out area that slants down, I got it at a weird angle I guess.
  14. M

Camshaft synch squeak

yeah the one I took out has only been in there for about 5 months, I didn't notice anything like that when I took the original one out, I have some pictures I took on my phone when I took the original out I'll look at them again
  15. M

NOVEMBER EF LOTTERY

few pictures from work
  16. M

Camshaft synch squeak

Put some pictures in the original post so you guys can see what I'm talking about
  17. M

Camshaft synch squeak

It looked like flakes but were fused into clumps on my Synch I'll take a picture of the inside of the hole to show you guys
  18. M

Camshaft synch squeak

so I did the troubleshooting to determine that I have a bad camshaft Synch. So I get one and when I took the old one out, there was metal fused to the bottom of the gear on the Synch. So I take a look down the hole and where the Synch rests and of course that spot has some pretty good trenches...
  19. M

Flooding Problem With 1998 Mountaineer 5.0

I would double check my spark plugs to make sure you put the right wires on the right plugs. I swapped my 7 and 8 plug wires the other week and it backfired and ran terribly, rough startup. That may make your problem a bit better if two were accidentally swapped
  20. M

Quick question about keyless entry

I do this on a daily basis with my 2000 Mounty and have never had any problems
  21. M

Bad camshaft Synch

I'm gonna go with the motor craft one my original one lasted about 180,000 miles so I guess you can't beat that
  22. M

Squeak coming from engine

Thanks I found out it is another bad camshaft Synch after taking my belt off. I just put one in about 6000 miles ago too
  23. M

Bad camshaft Synch

So I've got a bad camshaft Synch again. I put a dorman one in ~6000 miles ago and the chirping has come back. Ive heard bad things like that about the dorman ones so I wanted to know which one is the highest quality one to get that will last. Thank you for any input
  24. M

Update: it's not a power steering pump I put a new one in and the problem didn't change
  25. M

I sprayed some water on the belt and behind the pulley and the sound didn't change either time I'm leaning towards a worn out power steering pump
Back