Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Interested in a sport, so how do they drive?

Tune will make a night and day difference. Post tune the vehicle will make boost quicker and at lower RPMs improving daily driving unbelievably.
  2. N

2014 XSport Fog light took a rock..

If you dont end up replacing the housing/HID there is a LED conversion kit out there that does come with the new housings. I believe it was about $250 for the pair. I tried finding the thread but couldn't come across it. Hopefully the OP of that thread comes across this.
  3. N

Mod or not, nothing wrong with your post. No need to apologize.
  4. N

Get real Pete. This thread has been overall constructive and kept on track. Realistically hes a potential new owner looking for current owners opinions. In addition to asking how they drive he did also ask if we have any regrets, which to me is asking an owners opinion on the vehicle. I owned a...
  5. N

I came from a '11 G37 into my '14 Ex Sport, so somewhat of a similar move. There were only a few things I didnt like about the G. Rear seats didnt fold down, driver seat had those cracks in the leather making it look worn by about 20k on it (in no way am I a large person, barley 140lbs) and i...
  6. N

The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!!

Again no first hand experience with them but I wouldn't hesitate on using them. Performance, customer service and reputation seem about on par between the two. When I was shopping for my tune it was between Livernois and Unleashed. Went with Unleashed because I have used SCT handhelds in the...
  7. N

The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!!

Doesn't surprise me. A couple customers of SSI have supposedly suffered "blown" engines. There is a lot of hate against SSI on the Ecoboosted FB page. I don't have any first hand experience with them but I don't have anything to complain about with my Unleashed tune.
  8. N

SCT X4 WITH custom tuning

Do you have an SCT tuning device? For logging with the SCT you use the Live Link program you download from the SCT website. There's many parameters available to be recorded. I used a configuration file from Unleashed that recorded what he wanted to see. There's about 30 in that file. Can't...
  9. N

2015 Explorer Storm Chasing Install/Mods

Looking good. Pretty clean setup. Any other upcoming plans/mods for it?
  10. N

2015 Explorer Storm Chasing Install/Mods

Wheres the finished product?!? :ttiwwp: :chug:
  11. N

SCT X4 WITH custom tuning

I just finished data logging my Sport for him today. All he asked for from me was a WOT run. After all the revisions I've sent him 7 logs so far. I did every log on the same route with the same driving behavior. I would go WOT from a stop to about 70-75. Then I did mild acceleration while...
  12. N

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I ordered this OEM one for mine http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-thru-15-Explorer-OEM-Genuine-Ford-Black-Cargo-Area-Protector-Mat-Liner-w-Logo-/181215779877?fits=Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AExplorer&hash=item2a314d5c25&vxp=mtr It covers from the tailgate to the 2nd row. Can be easily rolled up and placed...
  13. N

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I've read through pretty much this whole thread and unfortunately I'm pretty sure i remember seeing 2014 & 2015s with this problem.
  14. N

To add another to the tally my co workers 2011 XLT is starting to bubble along the front edge of the hood. There's a decent size bubble to the right of the driver side headlight.
  15. N

I think I would do the same thing at the sight of the the issue beginning on my vehicle. Multiple people have reported that the bubbles return after repairs. What vehicle did you end up going with?
  16. N

Explorer Sticker

Are you going to be selling any? If so how much? May be interested in adding one to the collection of stickers on the tool chest.
  17. N

Adding dashcam. Any tips?

I'm planning on going with http://dod-tech.us/ I saw there products at the Toronto Auto Show this year and was quite impressed. Waiting to get the Champion SP1 or the LS460W if it gets a nice price drop once the SP1 is released. I to am trying to figure how I will hard wire the device.
  18. N

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Yeah they told me they were listed at 118 each but he'd give them to me for 105. Idk if its worth arguing comparing my other local prices. I'll have to see if there's any other Canadian Ford dealers within reasonable distance where it would be worth a longer dive for a better price.
  19. N

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Im looking at ordering a set of interceptor wheels with some snows next winter. Luckily I live close to the Canadian boarder because they are way less expensive up there. US dealer wanted right around 300 each. Ford dealer in Ontario Canada said 105 each. The Canadian dealer gave me a price...
  20. N

Push Bar for Explorer

Peter, here's a shot up against the garage with fog lights off, as well as some others... Apologize for some of the quality. Broke my Samsung and stuck with a Windows phone until upgrade.
  21. N

Push Bar for Explorer

Ill try and get one tonight. They are removable FYI.
  22. N

Push Bar for Explorer

Drove it for the first time at night last night. Noticed no difference from prior to the install. I have HIDs installed as well.
  23. N

Push Bar for Explorer

Got the Aries 3065 installed yesterday. Took about 3 hours. Wasn't too bad overall. Pic in the link... http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/nhoffman1987/15a0b22b-9a22-4f10-b2c9-39aa522f4bee_zpspq9cgy7k.jpg
  24. N

Yeah that's the mindset I'm in. Expect the worst hope for the best.
  25. N

I would feel the same way if I was in your position. All I can say is test drive as many vehicles as you can. Once you narrow it to a few check the forums for common issues the buyers are experiencing. Don't get me wrong I love my ExSport, but once a sign of this issue comes up this vehicle is...
Back