Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Dang stuck seat belts

Where's a good place to buy a new seat belt other than at the dealer?
  2. R

Dang stuck seat belts

Guys, Any suggestions on how to get the seat belts to "slide" like they once did? My seat belts have to be hand feed back into the holder.
  3. R

Fix for squeaking center console cup holder

Guys my 98 Explorer's center console (cup holder section) squeaks horribly. Have any of you guys found a fix for this?
  4. R

98 Explorer rear shock install question

Another question on getting the rears off. On the drivers side rear the bolt closest to the tire, theres a metal plate preventing me from accessing the nut. Are there any "interior" access points to make it easier to get to these rear top bolts?
  5. R

Best place to get the rear window struts?

Guys, Where's the best place (best price) to get the small rear glass struts?
  6. R

Do I have 4 wheel AntiLock brakes or just front anti lock brakes?

I wonder why Advanced Auto asked if I had ABS. I believe there is a difference because the ABS rotors have a ladder looking fin on the inside of the rotor.
  7. R

Do I have 4 wheel AntiLock brakes or just front anti lock brakes?

Guys, How can I tell if I have 2 wheel anti lock brakes or 4 wheel anti lock brakes? I need new front rotors yet again and they are asking this question. I have a 98 Eddie Bauer with the 4L engine. Also are there any really good after market rotors that last longer than the OEM for rotors...
  8. R

Need antenna help bad!

Thanks. That's what I thought and I pried until I thought I was gonna break it and it didn't budge.
  9. R

Need antenna help bad!

Anyone know if I can find this in a book somewhere?
  10. R

Ball Joint replacement - is it THAT hard?

My 98 explorer pops and cracks when I turn in and out of the garage. My guess is it's the ball joints. Are these hard to replace? Any good guides for a beginner mechanic or is this too complex for a beginner?
  11. R

Need antenna help bad!

Guys, I ordered a new replacement mast because mine "broke" but in the up position. I now need to take off the top nut but it's covered with a black piece of plastic (Eddie Bauer ed.) How in the world do you get this black plastic cover off of the base of the antenna? TIA
  12. R

Temp buttons back light out ...

Any of you guys changed these bulbs?
  13. R

Temp buttons back light out ...

Guys, The back light that should be illuminating my temp up and temp down buttons in the dash are out. Have any of you guys tried replacing the bulbs? If so how in the world do you get to them. I have the radio out (again) getting in fixed so it seems a good time to see if I can get this...
  14. R

Factory radio dead again.

Will the aftermarket radios work with the steering column controls if I can't get this one fixed? I also have rear controls will they work with after market radios?
  15. R

Factory radio dead again.

Guys I have the original radio that comes with the 1998 Explorer Eddie Bower edition. It has the steering wheel remote controls. The LCD view has died after the dealer has fixed it twice but that was 5 years ago. Is there a site that has instructions on how to do this my self? TIA
  16. R

Need info on taking off passengers side door panel

Guys, I busted my mirror on my passenger side of my 1998 Explorer Eddie Bower edition and now I need to take off my door panel to install the new one. Is it as simple getting something under the panel and prying out the plastic holders or is there more to it than that?
  17. R

Beating a dead horse but any one know of a web site that has a step by step ...

Thanks a million Double_Take. I do have the 2 wheel drive which comes with the rotors that require the bearings to be removed. It just confused me when I picked up the rotors that I didn't see a "place" for the rear seal. Is the rear seal in another "part" that doesn't need to be replaced. I...
  18. R

Beating a dead horse but any one know of a web site that has a step by step ...

... for replacing the front rotors on a 98 X with Anti-lock brakes? I must have been born in Missouri (Show me ...) because I need to be see it before I do it.
  19. R

Brake rotors on 98 Explorer 2WD with antilock

Karl, Did you get the correct rotors? When I inquired today they asked if I have ABS or not so it must make a difference.
  20. R

Wouldn't I have to replace the rear seal? I also never know how tight to re-tighten the bearings?
  21. R

Dang, I was hoping to do this myself but this may take it out of my comfort zone.
  22. R

Anyone know if the brake rotors on 98 Explorer 2WD with antilock are the "slide on the lug post" kind or the "have to remove the bearings" kind? TIA
  23. R

Which brake pads ????

I tow a popup camper with my 98 Ford Explorer and need to know which brake pads to use. This is the Autozone page of available pads: http://www1.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=performSearch&Parameters=Auto+Store%7C%7EREGULAR+PARTS+LOOK+UP%7C%7EBRAKE+PAD%2FSHOE+-+FRONT
  24. R

First Time front brake change on 98 Ford Explorer

I was going to attempt to put new rotors and pads on the Front of my Explorer this weekend. I have changed the brakes for years on my Nissan Maxima but never have I done a Ford. Any newbie tips? I was planning on buying the new rotors are AutoZone AIMCO for 44.99 ea. On the Maxima its 2...
  25. R

Promote Recall on Blend Door

Newby warning but what is: "the "plenum" blend door"?
Back