Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

The infamous OHV 4.0 rattle, tap, tap, is indeed the lifters!

Maniak, It's an ancient thread (2008) but your explanation of being able to repair the valve clatter on an OHV Ranger (mine is a 99) is interesting. A year ago I replaced both heads and this year the lower intake manifold gasket hemmorhaged, I've repaired it but this time while I had it apart I...
  2. C

Fan clutch removal problems!

1 7/16" 36mm take your pick I had the same experience with tool rented/borrowed from Advance AP. The difference between 36mm and 1 7/16" is insignificant, especially since a regular combination wrench is likely to be considerable beefier (thicker) than the tool from Advance. Advantage (pun...
  3. C

I love homemade tools! I was thinking of making one of these myself. The tool that I rented from Autozone and was bent was the other tool, the 36mm spanner that is used on the clutch fan nut itself. With a strong tool like you built the clutch fan nut can be turned with any 36mm open end...
  4. C

I just used the rental tool from AutoZone. The large squarish one (58mm) has to be held in position then the other one (36mm) can be used to loosen the nut on the fan clutch. When I got the two wrenches properly positioned I used a dead blow hammer on the 36mm one and it came loose pretty...
  5. C

old thread but valuable Heat + PB Blaster is a good combination, but I'd recommend using the heat FIRST and then when you spray PB on the heated parts it should soak into the threads or whatever.
Back